test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UI Suggestions - Quality of Life Improvement

dan6526dan6526 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
After hopping on Tribble I'm okay with the general changes. Some people will obviously oppose change, because change is bad or something.

First off, the new colors are gentler and more appealing, it also hails back to the "golden age" of Star Trek. However the UI is in need of some tweaking. The Ent-D bridge viewscreen works if you fly a ship with that bridge. However, my Sovy and Oddy would not use something that antiquated -- and I really hope the Klinks get the hexagonal or pentagonal viewscreens they're familiar with. I do also really appreciate the tone down on the reds for Klinks. However, the green is a bit odd to pair with reds, oranges, and yellows. I understand the change however. My only hope is that we can tweak the colors a bit.

SUGGESTION: Tie in, for the Federation, each Panel of the UI from Shield Distribution to Weapon Panel for more of LCARs'y feel. This may also help clear up the overlapping panels for some of us.

A tweak that has been unseen/unheard is the deal with Universal Slots. When we slot them they always appear on the far left of the BOff powers tray. What would be an improvement is them "slotting" into the correct category when we assign a BOff into them. I use a Lt. Cmdr. Engineer in my Oddy and they are separated from my Cmdr. Engineer. It would make it less of a hassle to relearn and keep track of these layouts when swapping ships to have the Universal Slots adjust per BOff assignment.

Other than that, at this time I don't have anything to add. It looks good from here, I expect the bugs to be worked out. A few more character change options would be nice (eye rotation, mouth curve, separate walk/stand animations, more stances and walks, etc.) but overall I'm okay with some changes.