test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Bug: Crash to desktop

wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
Can't transition to a map outside of the editor in the Foundry without the game crashing to desktop. (EG: Beaming to SF Academy, Warping to another system, Entering a standard game mission map...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Is the Cryptic Error Tracker box appearing? If so, there should be a number displayed under the big white box and if you can let me know what that is I'd appreciate it.

There is a known issue that the usual map transfer methods don't work on Cryptic maps in the editor.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've had this happen to me so many times over the years I've been playing I got used to it. :(

Um, usually the error handler pops up but sometimes it doens't stay open long enough to write anything.

I remember when trying to beam out of Memory Alpha would fail totally and I'd be stuck there.....

I've noticed that certain transitions are more problematic than others. If you're in Earth orbit and you try to beam to either ESD or Academy.... CRASH! But if you set the mission gate to somewhere inside ESD you can spawn there and take a transporter to Academy.

As an example of just how much experience I have with this.... my foundry char is a VA who flies the T5 Ambassador. Yeah I managed to get the Temporal Ambassador mission to work while playing as my foundry char. ^_^
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is the Cryptic Error Tracker box appearing? If so, there should be a number displayed under the big white box and if you can let me know what that is I'd appreciate it.

There is a known issue that the usual map transfer methods don't work on Cryptic maps in the editor.

Sorry didn't get it, but will grab it for you next time it happens...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
This discussion has been closed.