test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak for the Korgath?

ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Okay, I know it is a lockbox vessel...and I know that it is a Temporal with canon issues...but at the end of the day, it is a KDF empire vessel...

So -- why doesn't it -- and the destroyer version you can get from the Lobi store -- have a cloak?

I am sure that this has come up before...and I realize that the Klingon versions are just cut and paste versions of the Federation versions...

But honestly -- how hard would it be to add a cloak to this vessel? It makes logical sense...and would bring it in line with the rest of the KDF lineup...
Post edited by ztempest on

Comments

• seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Because then, it would be MORE POWERFUL than the Federation version, of course-and as a genuinely USEFUL ship, well...they can't have that, y'know?

You mean like your 1k veteran reward ship?

Or should I not poke holes in your argument?
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I talked about this issue in 'Do the Klingons forget to cloak' meaning will cloaking become an obsolete technology, since this Klingon ship from the future has no cloaking ability.

I think cloaking is science-fantasy. It will never excist, never have a practical use. Sure, I believe science will be able to make something invisible for the human eye, but that same science will give us tools to detect these invisible objects.
  • daratdarat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    fovrel wrote: »
    I talked about this issue in 'Do the Klingons forget to cloak' meaning will cloaking become an obsolete technology, since this Klingon ship from the future has no cloaking ability.

I think cloaking is science-fantasy. It will never excist, never have a practical use. Sure, I believe science will be able to make something invisible for the human eye, but that same science will give us tools to detect these invisible objects.

That would only be the case for the cloaking technology developed by a given race/faction, not for all cloaking technology used throughout the quadrants. and realistically only romulans should, by that method of reasoning, be able to detect cloaked kdf ships seeing as kdf cloak technology is from the alliance with the romulans all those many years ago.

As for future ships not having cloak, would you really need it? I mean come on these are time traveling ships, locate when and where the ship is, and just jump to it, ends up being just the same as having cloak as you will just "appear" with the attack vector you wish ready to go.
  • ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    fovrel wrote: »

Umm....not to be too picky, but I thought I would contribute to your knowledge on the topic of cloaking technology...

Cloaking technology advances DO exist - in real life. What you need to look for is the topic of Metamaterials...here is a link to what we are doing in this regard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamaterial_cloaking

It is real. Not theory. And we are getting better at it. The military applications are amazing.

For Star Trek -- imagine the cloak to be a thin layer of active nanotechnology that, on command, configures itself into a metamaterial...

Yep. Cloaking device...

But I did not mean to take a thread off topic...just thought I would share.