test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What The Cryptic: No Liberated Borg Romulans??

sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
What is the rationale behind this? I have a LTS, there would seem to be no reason to exclude us from creating Liberated Borg Romulans. There's precedent for it in the show (VOY: Unimatrix Zero) and in STO (Donatra in Khitomer Accord).

What gives Cryptic? You've completely wrecked my character plan at the moment...so is this a "right now" answer or "we'll get to that soon(tm)" answer?
Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You forgot Hakeev.
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good catch. Were they really that hard to put in at launch? Gah, it'll be months or years before they "get around" to this. :-\
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • nabuborianabuboria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did try pre-warn people that stuff like this would happen, but I got flamed to hell :D

:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC] Element CKY Electric [/SIGPIC]
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmmm. I wonder if the Liberated Borg Romulans would be available through this 'alien gen-hybrid' option. Which I originally would just have put to an alien character creator (although being only available to subscribers when FED/KDF get the option for free? Very unfair!) but the word 'hybrid' shrugs me off a bit. I mean, are they trying to infer that we can play as Half-Romulans or am I just reading that wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nabuboria wrote: »
    I did try pre-warn people that stuff like this would happen, but I got flamed to hell :D
    I was probably one of those people (not that I flamed you to hell, but I'd have disagreed with you), and now, I owe you my apologies.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did they officially say no to those? I thought the Ask Cryptic said they're still reviewing which perks people will get?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    I was probably one of those people (not that I flamed you to hell, but I'd have disagreed with you), and now, I owe you my apologies.

It's all good! I'm not after apologies if it's opened even one persons eyes then I'm happy. :cool:

But hopefully, we will get some of the VET rewards retro-active on our new characters half-faction-thing... I don't even know what to call it. :confused:
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
    edited March 2013
    Did they officially say no to those? I thought the Ask Cryptic said they're still reviewing which perks people will get?

You have to read between the lines, that is to cover their backs and whilst not all of the rewards may be transferable we should see some at least.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    An official answer to this would be welcome :o I want my Liberated Romulborg!
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nabuboria wrote: »
    You have to read between the lines, that is to cover their backs and whilst not all of the rewards may be transferable we should see some at least.
    Ahhh, ok. I was just wondering if they had released anything official yet. Thanks for the clarification. And carry on!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Liberated Borg for RR certainly wouldn't take as much resources as custom vet ships, skins and costumes. I'd be very surprised to not see it included. Conversely, I wouldn't be surprised to see those other items not included - at least at release.
    edited March 2013
    of course "at release" is the big question here.

I'm sure we will see most of the list by this time next year.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't see why they wouldn't. :/
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is still time for them to add them, I hope they make the right decision!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep - given all the Borg tech the Romulans have been playing around with, for a story perspective (IE they have had to capture and work with it); the Romulans would probably have MORE 'Liberated-Borg' members in their military then the Feds or KDF.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    There is still time for them to add them, I hope they make the right decision!

You made me laugh, thank you.
  • mattgrantmattgrant Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I imagine they will be available, it would be a really odd oversight. Slightly off-topic and noobish question: Alien-Gen hybrid? What does that mean?
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alien/Genetic hybrid??

translated into Romulan of course it means "scum"
    Live long and Prosper
  • mattgrantmattgrant Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Alien" meaning player-created species?
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually I was thinking that because Romulans seem to make a large number of hybrids (Sela, the Romulan/Klingon chick from that one GEN episode, T'pol who was supposed to be a Romulan/Vulcan hybrid if the series had continued) I was thinking that maybe it means you can pick a second race to add on to your Romulan such as Klingon or Human and you could pick some of the race specific traits and customization options to go with your toon.
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I certainly hope they do add Liberated Borg Romulans... there is little reason not to, and I'm pretty sure it would be relatively easy to add.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dan specifically said that the lis the gave was only what the faction would launch with. He specifically said they were planning to add more after launch. I'm expecting Lib Borg to be included.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • opheliadraegonneopheliadraegonne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When they lost their home world, all liberated borg Romulans were on the homeworld. Then the borg queen saw this as a statement of how inferior the race was(letting a supernova 100s of lightyears away destroy their planet) and had all Romulan borgs destroyed. They no longer assimilate Romulans.

:D
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I guess I don't get what's wrong with them at launch. Surely it isn't that much work? Take the human one, add some ridges and ears, and voila?

I am now even starting to wonder about the other rewards :confused:
    • Preorder Borg Engineering Officer
    • 700 Day Android Officer
    • Khitomer Accord Borg Officer
    • Photonic Officer
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2013
    I most definitely want the Liberated Romulan Borg. Makes no sense to me not to allow it.
    And honestly it can''t be that hard to add.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would be shocked if they didn't add the Liberated borg to the Rommies. However, this would mean that fully half of the four available species would be lifetime subscriber-only. (Liberated Borg+ Alien-gen Hybrids) with one of the two remaining ones requiring the Reptation system to unlock. That is completely absurd. First of all, the Remans should definately be available from the start, and having both the Borg and Hybrid specific to lifetime subscribers is riduiculous considering the already low amount of species Rommulan players will have to choose from. At the very least, the Hybrid shoudl be a zen or reputation unlock, and the Reman and Romulan should be available from the start.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I guess I don't get what's wrong with them at launch. Surely it isn't that much work? Take the human one, add some ridges and ears, and voila?

I am now even starting to wonder about the other rewards :confused:
    • Preorder Borg Engineering Officer
    • 700 Day Android Officer
    • Khitomer Accord Borg Officer
    • Photonic Officer

Possibly for stuff like that, it could all be focused around your choice of Fed or KDF, and then it'll automatically be that faction. Trying to use it before won't let it work possibly.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...this would mean that fully half of the four available species would be lifetime subscriber-only. (Liberated Borg+ Alien-gen Hybrids) with...

Alien-Gen is available to Gold-Subscribers as well, not just Lifers.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Alien-Gen is available to Gold-Subscribers as well, not just Lifers.
    It really doesn't make me happier to know that the Romulan faction will be getting two species locked behind a paywall, reagardless of the semantics of what that paywall is.
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Liberated Borg Romulan

+1 signed.
    Joined August 2009