test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo and Torpedo Spread 1, On single targets

culmenationculmenation Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Academy
Ok as i understand it,
If you activate Torpedo Spread I and shoot at a single target with a normal torpedo launcher, you do more damage to the single target then if you had NOT activated Torpedo Spread I.

But does this work for the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo?
It seem to launch two regular torpedoes, while the normal fire shoots three.
So does it actually do LESS damage then a normal shot?
Post edited by culmenation on

Comments

• cloudwashercloudwasher Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My suggestion would be to grab a friend, set up a 1v1, tell him not to return fire, and test this out.
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did you ever work this out?
    I just bought the launcher, and it does the same thing, launches 2 instead of 3.
  • alopenalopen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Read the description. Rommy torp using TS just lanuches 2 normal torps instead of 3. But it launches at multiple targets. TS is nice for multiple tgts or clearing spam. It does not do more damage against a single target than the appropriate HY. If you want to kill single targets use HY + reman set to speed the plasma HY torps up.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alopen wrote: »
    Read the description. Rommy torp using TS just lanuches 2 normal torps instead of 3. But it launches at multiple targets. TS is nice for multiple tgts or clearing spam. It does not do more damage against a single target than the appropriate HY. If you want to kill single targets use HY + reman set to speed the plasma HY torps up.

What can be really evil is using Torp Spread III on Carriers and other big ships in big groups. Fire it off while lots of targets are in range, then use other AoE killing abilities to remove all the small craft and watch the SWARM of Torps blow the utter living dilithium out of that poor big ship.