test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any wordt on B'rel + Subterfuge trait fix?

darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I'd like to play this BoP fullworthy but as it stands now its either ditch the boffs on this ship (Which nerfs their damage even further compared to other BoPs), or dont use Enhanced cloak (Viral, scramble, fire torp in cloak) at all.

Any word on a fix perhaps Borticus? Thanks.
MT - Sad Pandas
Post edited by darkfader1988 on

Comments

• Options
    shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited March 2013
    I hardly play my KDF character because of this.

It's boring. And I've already dismissed my older BOFF for this one.
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It doesn't affect federation ships therefore it will never be addressed.

How do we know this?

You still decloak when your boffs talk to you in space. 2+ years running bug.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Is this about the Stealth values, or is something wrong with the ambush buff that I don't know about?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is this about the Stealth values, or is something wrong with the ambush buff that I don't know about?
    I think what they're getting at is since B'Rel's are practically meant for a permacloak build, adding in the Romulan boffs makes +cloak stacking way too easy. You'd have to make a build specifically for cloak detecting (and thus probably gimp your ship at doing anything else).
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whats wrong with it? The Subterfuge trait is supposed to improve cloaking abilities, including the B'rel enhanced battle cloak. Don't ruin the fun of this ship by talking about this and getting it nerfed.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited March 2013

From what people are telling me, equipping the Subterfuge (or superior) boffs, the B'rel enhanced cloak basically keeps you cloaked even if you fire your torpedos while in enhanced cloak mode, or viral, or anything else that would normally decloak you for a few seconds. (For others to be able to target you)

Thats basically the main issue with the brel. Its really frustrating if you want to fly the ship (For any reason, my reason is purely cosmetic) and people complain its broken.

What I also heard (Cant say if the sources are reliable tho) that the devs know about this and already said a month ago they would fix it.

But I guess the stealth values also affect the time of the decloak when using an ability in Enhanced Battlecloak?
    If thats simply the case then the enhanced cloak decloak/recloak time when using an ability in enhanced cloak should simply be seperated from stealth values.

But I dont think this is the case, something else must have affected it.
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with it? The Subterfuge trait is supposed to improve cloaking abilities, including the B'rel enhanced battle cloak. Don't ruin the fun of this ship by talking about this and getting it nerfed.

I can understand this, but you are probably mixing up the normal stealth strength of the cloak versus the enhanced cloak function, again with Subterfuge boffs you simply cant be seen at all when using viral, scramble, fire torps, or anything else that would normally decloak you for a few seconds.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is it still applying the stealth to the various attacks as well? I can't remember...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    From what people are telling me, equipping the Subterfuge (or superior) boffs, the B'rel enhanced cloak basically keeps you cloaked even if you fire your torpedos while in enhanced cloak mode, or viral, or anything else that would normally decloak you for a few seconds. (For others to be able to target you)

I thought this might be what people were commenting on, but I ran local testing on this scenario and saw nothing wrong with the interaction of these abilities. You still get de-cloaked each time you fire, leaving the enemy a 2sec window in which to spot you.

If you are seeing otherwise on Holodeck, I need some more thorough steps to reproduce the error. Local multi-client testing has revealed nothing (hah, punny).
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I thought this might be what people were commenting on, but I ran local testing on this scenario and saw nothing wrong with the interaction of these abilities. You still get de-cloaked each time you fire, leaving the enemy a 2sec window in which to spot you.

If you are seeing otherwise on Holodeck, I need some more thorough steps to reproduce the error. Local multi-client testing has revealed nothing (hah, punny).

Very well, As soon as holo's back up i will do some testing and see what exactly i observe myself. If you promise to help squash a possible bug or overpowered factor :p
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Its been proven that its not a bug a long time ago but working as designed. Their only response to the complaints at the time was to give them constructive feedback on what Boff popups should be turned into mini contact flyby windows rather than keep complaining about it.

@topic
    I'll be keeping an eye on this as this could impact how I play my Klingon BoPs (B'rel, Hegh'ta, and so on) with my Science Spammer. I'm still gauging if its even worth my effort to keep the 6 levels of Starship Stealth or if I should max it out.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    brels can still be completely cloaked wile shooting invisible weapons at you and you cant see them at all.

maybe its the cloak cooldown reduction portion, it might be lowering that decloak period wile fireing down to 0
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    /10charffsdfsdfsd
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ethoir wrote: »
    Its been proven that its not a bug a long time ago but working as designed. Their only response to the complaints at the time was to give them constructive feedback on what Boff popups should be turned into mini contact flyby windows rather than keep complaining about it.

If you see it that way, then the whole game including all the bugs are working as intended.
    It might be intended, but that doesnt mean 99% doesnt want him/her ship to decloak with a pop up window.
    It doesn't affect federation ships therefore it will never be addressed.

How do we know this?

But this is not the issue right now, please discuss this in another topic and not on the PvP forums please.

Bort and I are already working on it. Its 100% related to the Subterfuge boffs which makes the cloak bugged, and it definately doesn't work properly on Holodeck.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bort and I are already working on it. Its 100% related to the Subterfuge boffs which makes the cloak bugged, and it definately doesn't work properly on Holodeck.

Confirmed. MT helped me with some testing this morning, and I'll be digging thru the code on my end to see where the disconnect lies.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just as an fyi, I don't use the boffs and can get similar effect by using jam/scramble sensors then spam away. By the time the stuff lands I'm cloaked again. Aux2batt improves the cycle/allows for more variety/higher quality of Sci spam. I do this w/a Sci captain, but imagine a Tac could pull it off as well if they're far enough away that by the time the stuff lands and the jam is broken the EBC has recloaked.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Confirmed. MT helped me with some testing this morning, and I'll be digging thru the code on my end to see where the disconnect lies.

Great to see Devs working with the PVP community ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    Just as an fyi, I don't use the boffs and can get similar effect by using jam/scramble sensors then spam away. By the time the stuff lands I'm cloaked again. Aux2batt improves the cycle/allows for more variety/higher quality of Sci spam. I do this w/a Sci captain, but imagine a Tac could pull it off as well if they're far enough away that by the time the stuff lands and the jam is broken the EBC has recloaked.

However this specific bug is related strictly to the subterfuge trait it seems (or the boffs) and makes the b'rel not decloak _AT ALL_ when using torps/abilities midst enhanced-cloak. Or at least not visible and target-able.

On top of that, at least non-destructable/targettable torpedos arent visible either while fired, same for effects like viral purple beam not visible either until it hits the target. On-target visuals still apply when the torp landed or when viral is applied.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just tracked down the fix. It was fixed in February, but given low priority, and shuffled into a build that is planned to arrive on Holodeck next week. It is likely to appear on Redshirt today or tomorrow, if anyone would like to test it before it goes live.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited March 2013
    Is this supposed to be a bug? I didn't think it was, as it required using an ability and timing.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just tracked down the fix. It was fixed in February, but given low priority, and shuffled into a build that is planned to arrive on Holodeck next week. It is likely to appear on Redshirt today or tomorrow, if anyone would like to test it before it goes live.

Thank you bort from me and the community, that was fast.

I will take that responsibility with pleasure.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    However this specific bug is related strictly to the subterfuge trait it seems (or the boffs) and makes the b'rel not decloak _AT ALL_ when using torps/abilities midst enhanced-cloak. Or at least not visible and target-able.

On top of that, at least non-destructable/targettable torpedos arent visible either while fired, same for effects like viral purple beam not visible either until it hits the target. On-target visuals still apply when the torp landed or when viral is applied.

I don't disagree there's a bug and issues w/it that need to be corrected.

But, having never used it I'm just saying based on chatter during matches, there are ways to get similar effects that many players are unaware of. Depending on the target's Camera they may not see the incoming fire/sci spam as it may be out of the Camera's field of view.

There are players who don't realize this and instead of adjusting their build/playstyle assume a bug is being exploited when it's not.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just as an fyi, I don't use the boffs and can get similar effect by using jam/scramble sensors then spam away.

I don't think anyone has an issue with that.

It requires boff powers, skill, timing and is not foolproof.

Really great, thank you Bort.

There are players who don't realize this and instead of adjusting their build/playstyle assume a bug is being exploited when it's not.

Pandas are not those players.

It's also pretty clear when Kerrat and the FvK queues are suddenly chock full-O "Invisi-B'rels" that it's unlikely all of them are running SS/Jam Sensors.;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I don't think anyone has an issue with that.

It requires boff powers, skill, timing and is not foolproof.

... Snip ...

Pandas are not those players.

It's also pretty clear when Kerrat and the FvK queues are suddenly chock full-O "Invisi-B'rels" that it's unlikely all of them are running SS/Jam Sensors.;)

Based on some of the chatter I've gotten there are some who have issues w/it and assumed I was abusing a broken mechanic.

My OP was meant to be informative for those who were making false assuptions. I never mentioned who those players are, nor meant to imply any player or group of players. I don't know why you'd assume I was refering to Pandas or any Panda in particular. This is a public thread and forum after all ...
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I don't know why you'd assume I was refering to Pandas or any Panda in particular.

Well, it's a thread started by a Panda correct?

This is a public thread and forum after all ...

Yeah it is, perhaps make your own thread on it then instead of pushing an agenda where there is a clear bug/issue and a bugfix is being worked on?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, it's a thread started by a Panda correct?

Yeah it is, perhaps make your own thread on it then instead of pushing an agenda where there is a clear bug/issue and a bugfix is being worked on?

So now only Pandas can post in Panda started threads lol? Or is all posts must refer to the orignal Panda? Or all posts then must refer to Pandas? Ego much?

My agenda of pointing out how people are confusing this bug w/other forms of gameplay and to be aware of those other forms of gameplay?

You are the one making this thread personal not me.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Bort... this is appreciated... I have restrained myself from getting these for my brel toons because of the issues with it. I don't mind a challange and wasn't looking for a superman mode.

Also thank you MT... I gave you a hard time a few days ago about running this. I very much appreciate that you took some time and helped bort ensure this got taken care of, thank you. Blow you up later. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Based on some of the chatter I've gotten there are some who have issues w/it and assumed I was abusing a broken mechanic.

My OP was meant to be informative for those who were making false assuptions. I never mentioned who those players are, nor meant to imply any player or group of players. I don't know why you'd assume I was refering to Pandas or any Panda in particular. This is a public thread and forum after all ...

I hear where your coming from.

This stuff happens every time there is something broken in game... and its one of the big reasons Cryptic needs to squash things fast. (they do seem to be doing a better job of late... keeping communication lines open with the community is a very good thing as we see stuff often first)

This used to happen with bugs that shall not be named... and double shields. Players being accused of things that where in game but not on there ships. Bugs in game just create bad vibes all round. It will be nice once this is fixed... I enjoy flying my brels and even though I don't use the boffs I have heard the odd person QQ if I catch them unaware... or jam them. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    QQ

How about just sticking to what the thread is about?

If you have an opinion on a legal, functioning mechanic. Make a thread.
  • Options
    xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2013

On OP topic? That is hax!
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Actually it's you who has derailed this thread, and has QQ'd not me lol. Wow, somehow I got into your head w/o even trying.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter