test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Challenge #7 : Small Craft Escapades

Hello and welcome to another Foundry Challenge! :cool: These challenges will be posted every 9-10 weeks, which includes 6 weeks to make your mission, and 3 weeks for the community to play through all of the missions and cast one [1] official vote for a winner. At the end of the 3 weeks of playthrough and voting, a winner, based on a simple majority of votes, will be announced and awarded 1000 STO Promo Points for the C-Store (enough to also purchase additional Foundry slots through the Dilithium exchange, if the winner chooses) and earn a guaranteed spot as a future Foundry Spotlight mission.

Today we start the nine-week run of the seventh Foundry Challenge: Small Craft Escapades
For this Foundry Challenge, create a mission that features content designed for and around a player being in a small craft (shuttle, fighter, etc). There is no background story you must build off of, so feel free to get as creative as you'd like.

NOTE: While there is no way to force a player to be in a shuttle for your mission, please add gold/yellow (OOC) text to the opening dialogue that asks players to switch into their small craft. You may also have ground content, if you'd like.

You will have from today, Wednesday, March 27th, until Wednesday, May 8th at 10am PDT to make your Foundry mission and reply to this thread with its information in the following format:

Mission Title:
Your @Handle:
Faction:
Level Requirement:
Mission Summary:
NOTE: Please do not publish your mission until the morning of Wednesday, May 8th, as close to 10am PDT as possible, but not after***.
NOTE: The above needs to be filled out completely by the due date/ time for your mission to be considered, and your mission must be published in-game at such time to be considered -- unfortunately, any mission that cannot be found in-game by the time the voting starts will be removed from this entry thread.

Starting on Wednesday, May 8th, around 10AM PDT, the 3-week playthrough and review stage will begin. Only entries made in this thread prior to 10AM, and are published/ available in-game, on that Wednesday will be eligible to participate in the challenge. Look for a voting thread to be made which will explain the voting process (some info below).

This is the author's thread -- only entries should be made here.
The Discussion Thread can be found HERE.
A Voting Thread will be posted and stickied when that period begins.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

IMPORTANT: The rules may change from one challenge to another, but I'd like to let everyone know what the base rules are. These may grow as we move on (and have since the 1st challenge), so feel free to give feedback in the discussion thread about what should be added!
  • Each Challenge will run for 9 weeks. For 6 weeks we will sticky the challenge and let you make your entry. After the 6th week, the 7th through 9th week will be the time when the mission is published and reviewed by the community.
  • There is no right or wrong entry.
  • The background story should be the main foundation for your mission. You will put the player into the main role.
  • The missions for these challenges must be in English. Please check out the French and German forums using the flag drop down above to see their Foundry contests.
  • In the spirit of the competition, only maps, missions, stories, dialogue etc. created/ built/ designed during the 6-week creation period should be used.
  • The mission should take only 30 minutes for a player to complete, but MUST not take more than 45 minutes. Error on the side of 30 minutes. This is to allow players to be able to play through all of the missions so they can consider all when voting.
  • In your mission description, opening dialogue, and the last dialogue, please include orange "out-of-character" text that explains that your mission is part of the STO Forums' Foundry Challenge #7 -- do not include a link to this post, but let the player know they can visit the "The Foundry for Star Trek Online " section of the forums for more information.
  • Please keep discussion about the entries in the appropriate Discussion Thread.
  • In the Discussion Thread, feel free to write what inspired you and what your thoughts on the topic are.
  • Once the mission is published, it should not be withdrawn, even temporarily. The only exception to this would be if for some reason players are saying they can't complete it and you need to fix something so they can. If you find spelling mistakes, feel free to fix them only after the competition ends.
  • Regarding Voting:
    • Once you have played through all of the missions during the Playthrough Period, please send me an in-game mail with the mission you feel should win this month's challenge.
    • Unless you play through all of the missions pretty quickly, I should not be getting votes until midway through the 8-9th week.
    • Reviewers can only send one [1] in-game mail to me to act as an official vote for a winner.
    • Reviewers can write reviews of some of the other missions if they wish.
  • A few other important reminders:
    • Please heed the Foundry's EULA when submitting your entry! This applies to any mission made in the foundry. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    • Each author may only have one entry, no matter how many accounts they have.
    • After nine weeks' time, the thread will be unstickied as we move on to the next challenge.
    • We'll have three threads: One to post the entries in, one to discuss the entries and one with the official entries list for voting.
      Cross-linking between these threads is acceptable for these challenges ONLY!!

***If you are unable to push the "publish" button at this time due to timezones/ work schedules, please wait until the latest possible moment before this day/time. Also, if you need to publish your mission to test things, that is fine too, but please make sure to unpublish after testing is complete.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mission Title: Beneath the Skin
    @Handle: @P_Sutherland
    Faction: Fed
    Level Requirement: 16+

Mission Summary: While your ship is in port being repaired and upgraded. Starfleet wants you to re-chart a system inside the Delta Volanis Cluster. The last ship to visit the system was a colony freighter in 2398. Since then the Federation colony has received few guests. Head into the Delta Volanis Cluster to begin your mission.

A routine assignment. What could go wrong?

Note: This mission is designed for a single player
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mission Title: Inner Space
    Your @Handle: @rsmudger
    Faction: Federation (& Klingon if winner)
    Level Requirement: 31+
    Mission Summary: A huge Zone of Darkness has been detected deep within Cardassian Space on a direct course that intercepts many highly populated planets from Cardassia Prime to New Romulas.
    It is so vast it shifts the gravity-well of local stars and can block out all sensor readings in and around entire star systems.
    Visual recordings of the engulfed star have revealed there IS a body at the center of this veil and several Cardassian ships have gone missing attempting to intercept it.
    Now Starfleet has made it 'your turn' to face this Goliath, What lies at the center of this blackness, why is it destroying life and are you ready to go where no man has gone before?

Entry will be for the Federation. If I win, I will also release a Klingon version called qoD’ logh.
    Related TOS Episode. - Takes place after the events of the Undine Mission in 2413, related to 2800 & T.E missions and setting the stage/linking to the upcoming series Dark Frontiers.
    Pictures: Pitch Black, Inner-Space, Coming Sandstorm, Iberium.
    PitchBlack_zps7bb94682.png
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    terinvortaterinvorta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mission Title: Protector

Your @Handle: @terinvorta

Faction: Starfleet

Level Requirement: None

Mission Summary: A temporal anomaly has appeared on the edge of Sector 001, broadcasting a distress call.Your mission? Find and save the originator of the distress call. But all is not as it appears...

Edited, because I somehow deleted my notes I had on what I was going to do for the last one, and couldn't get it to work properly. So i made a new one...
  • Options
    ciphertuesdayciphertuesday Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mission Title: You don't know when it's real (working title)
    Your @Handle: Cipher@Ciphertuesday
    Faction: federation
    Level Requirement:31+
    Mission Summary: After a tough mission in which you cooperated with the Enterprise-F, you and your crew go back to earth for a shore leave. Since you have no specific plan for the holiday, when your bridge officers invite you to join a hologram small craft racing game, you accept their offer. It was all enjoyable at first, but then it goes wrong and you suddenly realize that you are now in something more than a simulation...

Damn I forgot to add the text of reminding the player to switch to shuttle, hold on just give me a second.

Edit: Okey fixed. publishing now. Sorry for that.
  • Options
    remairtamecremairtamec Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mission Title: Alpha Flight
    Your @Handle: @RemairTamec
    Faction: Federation
    Level Requirement: 31+
    Mission Summary: You have been selected for the prestigious Alpha Flight course, the Federation's most elite pilot training program. Drawn from around the Federation and it's allies, Alpha Flight pushes the quadrant's best pilots to their limits. As stakes rise, egos clash and safety protocols are pushed to the wayside you realise not everyone is cut out for the course, and only a handful will graduate to receive the golden wings. Will you be another dropout, a line on a memorial plaque or will you meet the challenge and prove that you are the best pilot the Federation has to offer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click for more details
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mission Title: Waiting for the Light
    Your @Handle: Kirkfat
    Faction: Federation
    Lvl Req: 31+
    Mission Summary: Mining Outpost 47 is requesting your assistance. What you discover may have far-reaching implications.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mission Title: Sarita

Mission ID (ST-HDM55HO4S)

Your @Handle: @T1N1

Faction: FED

Level Requirement: Any

Authors notes** any shuttle or non fighter type small craft for Role Playing purposes.
    **optional / recommended: to have done "Mine Enemy" and "Mine Trap"

Mission Summary: Humanitarian / Diplomatic type mission

starts off with a prologue.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mission Title: "Uninvited Guests"
    Your @Handle: @ sirboulevard
    Faction: FED
    Level Requirement: 16+ (Prefer Lv 23 in-story, probably best at Lv. 50)
    Mission Summary: Stardate: 86569.42
    Earth Date: July 27, 2409

The incident with Admiral Zelle has left the Federation on a precarious edge with the Romulan Star Empire. With a rising rebellion in the form of the Romulan Republic and the beginning of diplomatic relations between the two nations, forces in the shadows may try to stop it before it gets too far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    fnordbjornsonfnordbjornson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Title: Shadows of Omega

Handle: fnordbear

Level requirement: 16+

Description:

While on a standard patrol an eyes-only message is received by the Captain. The Omega Protocol has been activated. You are to travel to the Pilatus system and from there rendezvous with the U.S.S Ursa Major for further orders.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Authors,

As a reminder, the deadline/publish date for your missions is tomorrow, Wednesday, May 8th. Please do not publish them until 10AM PDT tomorrow, or, as close as you can get to that time (i.e. if you have to work at 7am PDT tomorrow, publish it before you leave for work, or tonight, or whenever :) Just as late as possible, but by 10am PDT tomorrow.)

Also, please remember that you need to reply to this thread with its information in the format lasted in the OP (this needs to be filled out completely by the due date/ time for your mission to be considered. If I can't find your mission published in-game tomorrow around 10am PDT, I won't be able to add it to the voting thread.).

Thanks, and good luck! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edwinsterlingedwinsterling Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Title: Cloaked Loyalties

Handle: @edwinsterling

Level requirement:

Description:

A strange request sends you, just you on a shuttle mission deep into the heart of Romulan Space.

Will YOU return at all

(It's giving me an error fill in text but it's filled in please give me time to fix this)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you to everyone who submitted their missions for Foundry Challenge #7! UPDATE (6/10/2013)! Currently on hold. See post #15 below. From today until Wednesday, June 12th at 10AM PDT, voting will be open. Please see this thread for voting information.

Also, unfortunately, I've had to remove any posts in this thread where the mission listed could not be found in-game at this time. Sorry :(

Good luck!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

UPDATE (6/10/2013)! Currently on hold. See post #15 below. I've extended the voting deadline until Wednesday, June 12th, at 10AM PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains!

I'm going to be extending the voting deadline again as some missions are still being republished and some missions may be uncompletable due to the reach marker bug (which we are working to resolve). There is currently no voting deadline I'm setting forth at this time, but what I will most likely do is re-post voting information on the front page once the bug is fixed, update this thread, and restart the voting process.

I will give challenge authors a one-week warning before the new 3-week voting period begins so they can play through their missions and ensure there are no blockers that would make the mission uncompletable. I will ask that they honor the original rules and not change the mission in terms of story, content, etc. Any changes should only be to ensure that players can complete the mission.

If there is not an overwhelming amount of objections, any votes received before the launch of Legacy of Romulus will still count towards final vote totals that will determine a winner.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi Authors!

We're going to re-start the voting period next Wednesday, July 3rd -- I'll be reposting the voting blog then and voting will be open for 3 weeks. Please re-read this post of mine, noting the yellow text:
    Hi Captains!

I'm going to be extending the voting deadline again as some missions are still being republished and some missions may be uncompletable due to the reach marker bug (which we are working to resolve). There is currently no voting deadline I'm setting forth at this time, but what I will most likely do is re-post voting information on the front page once the bug is fixed, update this thread, and restart the voting process.

I will give challenge authors a one-week warning before the new 3-week voting period begins so they can play through their missions and ensure there are no blockers that would make the mission uncompletable. I will ask that they honor the original rules and not change the mission in terms of story, content, etc. Any changes should only be to ensure that players can complete the mission.

If there is not an overwhelming amount of objections, any votes received before the launch of Legacy of Romulus will still count towards final vote totals that will determine a winner.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains!

UPDATE! (7/3/13 - Voting resumes today and will last for 3 weeks. If you've already sent in your vote, you do not need to send in your vote again.) From today until Wednesday, July 24th, at 10AM PDT, voting is once again open for Foundry Challenge #7! More info on voting here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=883341

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    UPDATE! (7/18/13) Earlier this month, voting resumed for Foundry Challenge #7, with all votes being due by next Wednesday, July 24th, at 10AM PDT. I mentioned that if you already voted that you did not need to resend your vote -- unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, I will need you, as well as anyone who has sent in a vote since Foundry Challenge #7 voting resumed, to send in the vote once more via an in-game mail to me (@PWE_BranFlakes). In the message, please include the name of the one (1) mission you feel should win this challenge. Please send this in by the aforementioned date and time.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of having to resend in your vote and wish all our entrant authors the best of luck in this challenge!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We have a winner! Check out this post for details: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=945931

Congratulations to all! Everyone did a FANTASTIC job! :) You're all winners in my book.

I am going to unstick this, but feel fee to keep discussing this challenge here! Challenge #8 will be posted next week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.