test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Public Test (Tribble) Temporarily Unavailable

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hello Captains,

We have temporarily brought Tribble down as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build in around one week or so from this post.

When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Romulan gameplay. We do have a testing plan for the content in the Legacy of Romulus expansion and will provide more updates on it as it becomes available. In the meantime, the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh exciting, I wonder what it will be.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    one question, if we transfer a character to Redshirt, can we transfer it back after you reopen tribble or is it a one way thing like with Holodeck to Tribble?
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8830561#post8830561

Hello Captains,

Those of you who have had access to Tribble will now have access to a new server, "Public Test (Redshirt)". This server will be taking the place of Tribble as our test server for all builds that are heading to our live environment, Holodeck, while we use Tribble to test new code (NOTE: Tribble will be temporarily unavailable for a week or so from this posting -- details: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=595951).

If you currently have access to Tribble, you shouldn't need to do anything other than transfer a character to Redshirt and resume testing as normal. If you don't have access to Tribble yet, you can gain access to both Tribble and Redshirt by visiting this link.

Thanks, and happy testing!

HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it will not be to test Romulan gameplay.
    That's oddly specific. Am I right in assuming we will be testing the crunchy, munchy mechanics associated with LoR (such as retrait, advanced traits, the new silent enemy, the Tholian Rep and associated items and powers, etc)?
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yay! new code!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    one question, if we transfer a character to Redshirt, can we transfer it back after you reopen tribble or is it a one way thing like with Holodeck to Tribble?

It's one way.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kevkla1269kevkla1269 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    um just to let u no i can't load the launcher to get in the game this just started right after red shirt was realeased
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's oddly specific. Am I right in assuming we will be testing the crunchy, munchy mechanics associated with LoR (such as retrait, advanced traits, the new silent enemy, the Tholian Rep and associated items and powers, etc)?

Personally I doubt it'd include the new aliens as they seem to be more connected to the new Romulan gameplay.

Wouldn't be surprised if the new UI was up for testing.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Yes, I am pretty sure you guys didn't bring Redshirt back because you are not going to be season testing soon ...

Redshirt is brought up when ever tribble isn't being used for live testing. A tribble patch hit yesterday which still needs to be tested, since tribble is down, they brought Redshirt up to do that.

Doesn't necessary means season testing.

I'm thinking next weeks patch will be for systems testing that doesn't have to do with the Romulans and what not.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    orondis wrote: »
    Personally I doubt it'd include the new aliens as they seem to be more connected to the new Romulan gameplay.

Wouldn't be surprised if the new UI was up for testing.
    New enemies almost certainly means new NPC powers that could range anywhere from way under powered to balanced to way overpowered. Only real testing on actual players would reveal that.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello Captains,

We have temporarily brought Tribble down as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build in around one week or so from this post.

When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Romulan gameplay. We do have a testing plan for the content in the Legacy of Romulus expansion and will provide more updates on it as it becomes available. In the meantime, the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing.

Thanks,

gearing up testing
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is what we asked for an ask cryptic or two and one or two riots ago.

Now they are beefing up testing and getting redshirt ready to handle normal testing of the tweaks made between now and LoR.

So Tribble can be readied to test realy advanced changes.

I For one am proud to see alot of these things come to fruition.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well downloaded the patch for red-shirt and it didn't work? It loaded ok, then when it gets to the character selection screen its just a black screen with the mouse pointer! Holodeck and tribble load fine.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    While I'm happy to see more testing, I think a third test server for the romulans would be a bit excessive.
    Why not use Tribble or Redshirt to test the Romulans?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    While I'm happy to see more testing, I think a third test server for the romulans would be a bit excessive.
    Why not use Tribble or Redshirt to test the Romulans?

Redshirt is for the stuff going live to holodeck right away, tribble will be for any stuff coming to game in May

where was it said that a third sever would be used?
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    like the big Patches before Tribble or Redshirt will become earlyer or later Romulan Faction Testing

maybe 2 weeks before it goes to Holodock or 4 or 6 weeks like i hope

worst whould be that we cant play in May because to mutch players for servers or to many bugs so give us enough testting or test it intern more then enough
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I imagine that they will hold off testing the "story content" of LoR as late as possible. And I won't be surprised if it doesn't appear on Tribble until after the release. They won't want spoilers as to who the new enemy is until the actual launch.

But I expect we will get to see the improved UI, trait changes and Tholian Repulatition systems (plus Tholian STF) first.

When the testing / release plan to Tribble is posted, it will probably be a good idea to list what won't be appearing on Tribble before the launch date. Because if the new / converted from Fed / updated KDF story missions aren't going to appear until after the launch, the forums will once again be full of posts of KDF hyper-rage.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Redshirt is for the stuff going live to holodeck right away, tribble will be for any stuff coming to game in May

where was it said that a third sever would be used?

I did not say there was one, but if they are not using Redshirt, nor Tribble... but they do plan to test the expansion...
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a feeling it might be to field test all the new KDF add-ons they are going to be adding before May's Romluan Blitz.

This way they keep the possible KDF blowup from being a supernova blast to maybe a 500Megaton blast.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My feelings on which code they would be testing is that it will be Neverwinters code and not STO's. Neverwinter will need to be shoved out the door pretty soon so chances are that is the current demand for increased hardware. Who knows maybe Neverwinter is out in a week or three and the server is going to be a 'stabilising' server to cover the initial load that the servers will endure at launch.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Romulan gameplay.
    All the other "May" features then? ;>
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    My feelings on which code they would be testing is that it will be Neverwinters code and not STO's. Neverwinter will need to be shoved out the door pretty soon so chances are that is the current demand for increased hardware. Who knows maybe Neverwinter is out in a week or three and the server is going to be a 'stabilising' server to cover the initial load that the servers will endure at launch.
    If that were the case, then they would have just kept using Tribble and given Redshirt over to that activity.
  • deathfish01deathfish01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As it seems there is a decent amount of mis-information present in this thread I figured something needed to be said.

Ok so here is goes, when ever a major patch such as a new season is to be tested. The Tribble test server is used for testing that new major update content. As they can not, and do not want to put the live game on hold since there are still going to be minor changes that need to be made, The Red Shirt test server is used for this. This is how they have done it for every major patch to date and this how they are doing it this time around. If anyone doubts this go and read the following post in the Red Shirt forums which states exactly what is happening.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597051
  • wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    again redshirt i didnt see that server for long time :)
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is it the Konami Code? Is that the Code that's going up on Tribble?

Is there any word you can give us before it goes back up what the new test might be or if and when we might be able to test LOR?
    edited March 2013
    Is there any word you can give us before it goes back up what the new test might be or if and when we might be able to test LOR?

We'll post Tribble patch notes that explains what is available to test.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    good ty and your team but when next week in some weeks ... 2 weeks before Romulan Faction goes live and :cool:(Cryptic Style)" Buggy" to Holodeck ? Or when ? :cool:
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You can login and see a taste of the new LCARs but you can't get to the character select/create screen.

New login screen looks interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tosalentosalen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hatepwe wrote: »
    You can login and see a taste of the new LCARs but you can't get to the character select/create screen.

New login screen looks interesting.

There's someone from my fleet actually ON Tribble right now. He says there's at least 20 others in the game on Tribble right now.

I don't know how he's getting on. I get as far as the char select screen but I can't click anything. I actually have to CAD out and end the gameclient to shut it down.
    edited March 2013
    Tribble is back up :) As always, Tribble is a test server and can come down at anytime for updating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.