test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hangar pets, what affects them?

madjakomadjako Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I've been looking through the forums for information about hangar pets and I can't seem to find any in-depth information about pets (please point me to a post if I missed it). What I'm looking for is for information about what actually affects hangar pets in regards to their damage, survivability, and abilities. I haven't found a way to actually look at my hangar pets the way I would look at my own ship to see increases in performance, so I'm turning to the community for help. :D

Some basic mystery's I'm trying to solve.

Do player skill points affect hangar pets? Here's what I mean. If I increase my captain's energy damage skills, will that also increase the energy damage my pets do? The thought being, the higher my captain's skill in energy damage or kinetic damage, the higher damage my pets will do?

Do Doff abilities affect hangar pets? Example, if I slot the Doff that adds shield draining to tractor beams, will that also add shield draining to my Runabouts when they use their tractor beam? That's one example, but I'm looking for any instance where Doff abilities effect on pets... or don't if thats the case.

Do ship console affect hangar pets? Example, if I slot a tactical console on my ship that adds phaser damage, will that also add phaser DPS to my ships that use phasers?

Thanks guys!
Post edited by madjako on

Comments

• tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    AFAIK, skills, abilities, and the like don't affect hanger pets. The only thing that does (aside from active duty boffs) is your aux power, which affects how fast you can launch a new wing.
  • madjakomadjako Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tcostik wrote: »
    AFAIK, skills, abilities, and the like don't affect hanger pets. The only thing that does (aside from active duty boffs) is your aux power, which affects how fast you can launch a new wing.
    Interesting, so pets are basically treated like other team mates that you command?
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sort of, except that you can have some influence over team mates (team abilities, abilities that can target friends, etc.)