test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't assign officer on final Zenas Renown

dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Academy
So I did 6 of the 7 Colonization Of Zanas missions and there's the final Zenas Expanse Renown mission available to finish the chain. But when I try to assign an officer it doesn't give any recommendations at all and won't let me assign anyone. It says a Biologist is recommended. I have three that are not on any other assignments doing nothing. But they don't show up as options.

I also tried looking under the Engineering dept head assignments, and it's there too, but this time it says any doff is ok to finish this mission, but again, won't let me assign anyone.

Either I'm missing something, or it's bugged. Anyone know?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    have you checked to see if you can just start it off the bat? The Doff sheets say there aren't any reqs to start the mission. so it should be just like when you go to get Doffs from the Academy. I don't personally know as i haven't got that far in any of the Colonization chains yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Renown (7/7) doesn't take any doffs to start.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Renown (7/7) doesn't take any doffs to start.

...Uhgh. That's explains it. I can just click on the freakin' start button. So used to assigning people to do everything.

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    deianirrahdeianirrah Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It might be worth noting that You can repeat the 7th mission (the one where You get a Duty officer), it is a Rare DOff mission that can occur in the respective sector (also look under Your Operations officer) and it does need five DOffs assigned. Do not only use those with the neccessary profession but 3 or 4 DOffs with suitable abilities but without the profession to get a higher Critical chance.

Taskforce 47 Falkenwacht (Federation) / Greifenreiter (KDF)
    (at) deianirrah
    Free Gear and where to get it
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    deianirrah wrote: »
    It might be worth noting that You can repeat the 7th mission (the one where You get a Duty officer), it is a Rare DOff mission that can occur in the respective sector...
    Not quite true. You can never take >Sector< Renown again. It's a one-shot and can't be repeated. The Renown DOff assignment takes 15mins, has an automatic success rate, and always grants a specfic Rare (Blue) DOff as determined by whichever cluster the assignment was started.

However, the Renown does unlock access to the Support mission for that given cluster. I believe this is what Dejanirrah may have been referring to. So for instance, once the OP finished the Zenas Renown, he can go back to Zenas and look for Support Zenas Colonization Efforts in the Cluster or via the Operations Department Head. The Support is a Rare assignment.

Completing a Support with a success grants you a white Refugee. Completing the Support with a Critical Success grants you a DOff of the same specialization as the Renown DOff, but of Very Rare (Purple) quality (plus the white Refugee). It's best to stack the officers you're sending to increase your Crit chance, to win the Purple DOff.

Renown assignments can only be done once. Supports can be repeated as often as you find them, and every Crit gives you the appropriate Purple DOff for that cluster. Many of them are worth having multiple copies. They are, however bound, so no selling extras, mores the pity.

More info here:
    http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Support_Colonization_Efforts

Good luck!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.