test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (March 21, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited March 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, March 21st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nice:)

wait for it...wait for it.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    welcome back branflakes, love the prospect of fleet andorian phasers....

how much longer on the romulan plasma flamethrower?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i know its real early for this but does anyone think that maintenance will be extended with the announcement being an hour before?
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All Directed Energy types are available.

Does this mean fleet dual energy types too? Cause then I could get excited.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, March 21st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    Oh, okay.

If I am understanding this correctly, tomorrow's BIG Romulan event is an announcement or unveiling. No new Romulan content will be released tomorrow.

9:00 am (e.s.t.) will be the unveiling.

10:00 am (e.s.t.) will be the patch and maintenance.

I am still excited.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    i know its real early for this but does anyone think that maintenance will be extended with the announcement being an hour before?
    It's just an announcement, the actual update doesn't come until May.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And no fix for the chat bug again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cool! I love it that the Andorian phasers are coming in the fleet stores sooner than I had expected! :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    New fleet advanced weapon modifiers, fleet advanced andorian phasers, refund for buying bugged andorian phasers. It must be my birthday

Looks like im buying lots of Fleet Advanced Andorian Phasers [ACC]x2 [DMG]x2 tomorrow.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Best part about those proto phasers, if what I saw on Tribble stays accurate, turn one in and the dil will buy you two replacements in the fleet store [plus 20,000 FC but who isn't sitting on unusable hoards of that stuff?]

I kitted my Kumari out with dil-store phasers specifically because I wanted the novelty of having a now-dead item. Probably gonna turn in a couple and get proper ones, and keep the others... somewhere~
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    It's just an announcement, the actual update doesn't come until May.

wasnt meaning the big update till may. was meaning they might get caught up in all the discussion for the announcement or adding something small related and leading up to whats coming in may in this patch unexpectedly they did not tell everyone till the last minute.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    These weapons can be traded in at the Ferengi Collector for the same amount of Refined Dilithium that the weapon initially cost to purchase

thank you cryptic
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    thank you cryptic

Even if I personally don't have andorian phasers, this is a very nice and fair move from Cryptic. This is the right way to treat the playerbase.

Thank you!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »

I somewhat predicted this in the New Screenshot thread.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=584651&page=11

The timer ending tomorrow at 6AM PDT and tomorrow's maintenance from 7-9AM PDT have nothing in common :) If maintenance is extended, it would be because the team needs more time to complete maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Added more Advanced Fleet weapons to the fleet store.

These Advanced Fleet weapons have [Dmg]x2 and [Acc]x2.

Anyone else a little peeved that new advanced weapons are being added after most everyone has access to them? Had I known advanced fleet weapons would eventually come in [Acc]x2 flavors, I would have waited to buy mine. I don't supposed there's any chance of us being able to turn in our advanced weapons, like we can with the d-store andorian weapons, is there?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Oh, okay.

If I am understanding this correctly, tomorrow's BIG Romulan event is an announcement or unveiling. No new Romulan content will be released tomorrow.

9:00 am (e.s.t.) will be the unveiling.

10:00 am (e.s.t.) will be the patch and maintenance.

I am still excited.

Your time descriptions are somewhat incorrect...

Most of the USA is in Daylight Savings Time now.

Your e.s.t's. should be EDT or EDST.

I am a NIT and this is a PICK. ;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tcostik wrote: »
    Anyone else a little peeved that new advanced weapons are being added after most everyone has access to them? Had I known advanced fleet weapons would eventually come in [Acc]x2 flavors, I would have waited to buy mine. I don't supposed there's any chance of us being able to turn in our advanced weapons, like we can with the d-store andorian weapons, is there?

That would be nice, now that we know that there is that capability.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The timer ending tomorrow at 6AM PDT and tomorrow's maintenance from 7-9AM PDT have nothing in common :) If maintenance is extended, it would be because the team needs more time to complete maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok let me break this down in laymans terms

If the scheduled maintenence is extended its not because of the screenshot announcement its because someone spilled their slushie on the server again causing it to explode violently.
    And while its burning one developer will be roasting marshmellow 5 more will be running around in a panic another will be jumping under their desk chaos will be in the halls.

Meanwhile pwerbranflakes will be trying to calm everyone and tries to find the one person who knows how to fix and reboot the server only to find they were reassigned to neverwinter.

After some extra server down time someone will kick the server and it will start back up saving the day and pwerbranflakes sanity in the process.

In short dont panic if there is extra down time the dev team has EVERYTHING under control :D

(In all honesty they do a dang good job better then alot of games ive been on )
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    where is my flamethrower???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harbinger242harbinger242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    where is my flamethrower???

Just give up on the flamethrower. It's not coming back. It has got stuck in the, "Things that are still broken that need to be fixed but won't make us any money" pile. That stack currently resides in a cross-town, flooded out, basement storage unit, inside a safe that nobody remembers the combination for, under a sign that says, "In a future update".

:D
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just give up on the flamethrower. It's not coming back. It has got stuck in the, "Things that are still broken that need to be fixed but won't make us any money" pile. That stack currently resides in a cross-town, flooded out, basement storage unit, inside a safe that nobody remembers the combination for, under a sign that says, "In a future update".

I hope that the Flamethrower does not become a pay for Flamethrower ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    errab wrote: »
    I hope that the Flamethrower does not become a pay for Flamethrower ;)

doesn't cost a TRIBBLE ton of dilithium? in that case there will be players paying for it, not the majority but a significant amount
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2013

fine with me as long they take the flamethrowers off the poeple that unlocked them before they axed it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Or just file it under 'Coming Soon?'.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [Console Universal] Decline Scheduled maintenance.
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    afreeby wrote: »
    [Console Universal] Decline Scheduled maintenance.

Query: What?
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    WTB that console.

See, there was Emergency Maintenance, so I didn't start up a New Character. This Morning, I start up a new Character, BAM, another maintenance mode.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I'm pretty sure they use Tribble more frequently than that.
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't see the patch note mentioning about Romulan BoFF. I wonder when would the fix for purple Romulan BoFF be put in place? Or, is it already fixed now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.