test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Assault Cruiser, BO3, FAW3, or TS3?

vangrealvangreal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Using a Dragon Flagship build, which power would be the best pick for a pvp encounter? I am a tactical captain.
Post edited by vangreal on

Comments

• Options
    dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vangreal wrote: »
    Using a Dragon Flagship

Stopped reading after that
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited March 2013
    lol...

wtf is a dragon flagship build?
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited March 2013
    but on the real:

if you are focusing on spike damage in a cruiser.....in the immortal words of the Jorfmaster....yourdoingitwrong.

so...

omega1.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-

edit: maybe a DEM doff bo2,bo3 double tap combo....but....thats tricky to pull off..
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    TT + FAW 2 + Omega 1, if I had to pick.

Aux 2 Batt build to keep your power levels high.
  • Options
    s7ikes7ike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to throw Aux2batt out the window imo, but my fleet assault i have three ways in which i keep the weapon power high at all times. One being one copy of emergency power to weapons and the use of omega weapon amplifier (2 piece new borg). And lets not forget weapon batteries with the exocomp.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    s7ike wrote: »
    I'd like to throw Aux2batt out the window imo, but my fleet assault i have three ways in which i keep the weapon power high at all times. One being one copy of emergency power to weapons and the use of omega weapon amplifier (2 piece new borg). And lets not forget weapon batteries with the exocomp.

aux2 bat build would include technician doffs meaning all your boff powers are reduced to approximately global cooldown, meaning no need for doubles, faster recycle of pattern omega and tac skills, steady power to ENGINES and shields which will give you more agility (a bit at least) and defense and also adding to the buffness of your shields.

oh and if you use rsp in your build somewhere, that cooldown gets reduced a lot too. so yeah. go aux 2 bat and stop failing cruiser class.

Or buy a vesta, its the better cruiser.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dragon flagship? that sounds like some shipyard subforum pve sandbox build. don't listen to any advice you get from there. my thread has a lot of tac heavy cruiser builds, and like mentioned run on tech doffs primarily. you cant be a good heal boat with them very well though, keep that in mind.

APO is by far the best choice, if only for its defensive bonus
  • Options
    dummynamedummyname Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vangreal wrote: »
    Using a Dragon Flagship build

reminds me of:

Commander, a large support fleet just warped in.

Were you detected?

No.

Good. Dragon Fleet, you may enter the field.

Jumping in now....Do you have a primary target?

Just burn them all....
    24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dragon flagship? that sounds like some shipyard subforum pve sandbox build. don't listen to any advice you get from there. my thread has a lot of tac heavy cruiser builds, and like mentioned run on tech doffs primarily. you cant be a good heal boat with them very well though, keep that in mind.

APO is by far the best choice, if only for its defensive bonus

The Dragon flagship build refers to the dreadnought build some dude posted a while ago.

Cannon/turret/dem and such things.

Has since lost its sparkle due to defensive power creep, the rep system really nailed the coffin there...
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    The Dragon flagship build refers to the dreadnought build some dude posted a while ago.

Cannon/turret/dem and such things.

Has since lost its sparkle due to defensive power creep, the rep system really nailed the coffin there...

ah, thats actually a configuration i recommend. and ya, i know all about that rep power creep rendering even that useless
  • Options
    dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dummyname wrote: »
    reminds me of:

Commander, a large support fleet just warped in.

Were you detected?

No.

Good. Dragon Fleet, you may enter the field.

Jumping in now....Do you have a primary target?

Just burn them all....

F
    Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJL1GsyQ2nI

Those last lines... Chills down the spine... Every time
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here is what I use on a Fleet AC. I use 2x Aux to battery1 and technician doffs to keep all these abilities at global CD.

Lt Cmdr Tac- TT1, BO2, APO1

(I also keep an extra boff trained in TT1, FAW2, and APO1 and switch it out as needed, and another one trained in TT1, CRF1, and APO1 and use cannons sometimes)

Ens Tac- TS1
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions