test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 easy fixes for pvp

inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Don't allow carriers in pvp.
Remove stealth from being usable in pvp.

Two of the easiest fixes that devs could implement within 1 week if they bothered to put the effort into otherwise there is no point to pvping on the federation side.
Post edited by inosaska on

Comments

• Options
    akurie666akurie666 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Remove stealth!? LOL. Preventing campers is one thing but stealth is important to the game. You don't talk like someone who really gets into pvp. It sounds like the banter of someone who lost really bad and vented on the forum.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akurie666 wrote: »
    Remove stealth!? LOL. Preventing campers is one thing but stealth is important to the game. You don't talk like someone who really gets into pvp. It sounds like the banter of someone who lost really bad and vented on the forum.

Stealth and PvP never mix well in any game I've seen. Its always way too powerful or totally useless, they never seem to get it right.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Stealth and PvP never mix well in any game I've seen. Its always way too powerful or totally useless, they never seem to get it right.

How is Stealth OP in this game?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    praxi5 wrote: »

Outside of the broken B'Rel issue - Stealth is one of the better balanced things in the game. Usually it's only folks that have never flown a BoP that complain about it to the extent they do...meh.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    praxi5 wrote: »

You cant see me
    Nonni nonni booboo
    You cant see me
    Boo
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The carrier thing.
    Meh
    I just hate the slow movement of the VoQ and lack of being a true carrier.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    inosaska wrote: »
    Don't allow carriers in pvp.
    Remove stealth from being usable in pvp.

Two of the easiest fixes that devs could implement within 1 week if they bothered to put the effort into otherwise there is no point to pvping on the federation side.

One word comes to mind when I first saw this post loser

Then I thought is this guy for real or is he insane

Why ban carriers you could argue the spam thing but a carrier is a great way to play the game especially sticking a tac in a voquv and outshoot most stuff in the arena so shut up please

Why would you ban stealth it's one of the few things in the game that makes sense anymore

It sounds to me like someone got their daily beat up by the empire

Get a life get real and get some suggestions what actually make sense you fool

Ban carriers and cloak hahahahaha

As for the last two comments

Alpha strike from cloak - there's around 402 abilities in game that reveal cloaked enemies
    - there is also RSP, tac team, TSS, jam sensors these will stop any incoming alpha

The voquv - the one true carrier on the game so again I think your on drugs or something along those lines
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Carriers would be fine in pvp if it wasn't for the annoying pets....

And that's just annoying.

Mostly I like carriers on the opposite team because they are one of the easiest ships to pop if they aren't engies or getting support.

The pets that have stupid abilities or drop trics are the only issues. Those simply needed to have more thought put into them.

Stealth... works great against noobs... and horribly vs non noobs. Works about right imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited March 2013
    Obvious troll is obvious.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mustafatennick - That's wonderful if you actually know the stealthed vessel is actually there before he appears oh what a shocker! If I knew he was there I would use my de-stealth ability but sadly one that just sits back and exploits the tiny fighting area to his advantage will never be killed in any way shape or form. If you think you can react in less then 0.5 secs of a stealthed vessel appearing on your rear and able to save yourself its obvious that you yourself fly stealth ships and must understand how freaking easy it is to exploit stealth in this game and believe me I know because I play both sides and know exactly what a stealth ship is capable of doing and if one can't see you before you hit they are dead regardless of what they do because its impossible to save yourself when your shields are gone in 1 sec and then 2 secs you have fully suited abilities being used on you. You sir are the joke and probably exploit these exact same tactics. Use some of that brain to think for a sec that the little tiny battle arena you all fight in is the only place your vessel can travel. Let me tell you its not the only place and in fact very easy to get around by just going on the outside perimeter of the map and flying there. It's what most people do when trying to flank properly in this game without being noticed.

hurleybird - You got anything constructive to say or do you just enjoy trolling because that's exactly what you're doing right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mustafatennick - That's wonderful if you actually know the stealthed vessel is actually there before he appears oh what a shocker! If I knew he was there I would use my de-stealth ability but sadly one that just sits back and exploits the tiny fighting area to his advantage will never be killed in any way shape or form. If you think you can react in less then 0.5 secs of a stealthed vessel appearing on your rear and able to save yourself its obvious that you yourself fly stealth ships and must understand how freaking easy it is to exploit stealth in this game and believe me I know because I play both sides and know exactly what a stealth ship is capable of doing and if one can't see you before you hit they are dead regardless of what they do because its impossible to save yourself when your shields are gone in 1 sec and then 2 secs you have fully suited abilities being used on you. You sir are the joke and probably exploit these exact same tactics. Use some of that brain to think for a sec that the little tiny battle arena you all fight in is the only place your vessel can travel. Let me tell you its not the only place and in fact very easy to get around by just going on the outside perimeter of the map and flying there. It's what most people do when trying to flank properly in this game without being noticed.

hurleybird - You got anything constructive to say or do you just enjoy trolling because that's exactly what you're doing right now.

First of all I have 6 characters kdf side and 2 fed I pvp on both

If you sit there in one place like a moron a bop will shut you down easily if you keep movin It makes their job harder a lot harder I play both sides too and I know

Second of all it takes around 3 seconds for any alpha to happen trust I know ie seen the best at it and those torps coming at you take three seconds to hit trust me I've counted them many many times

If you can't initiate your defences in that time then the only thing that needs removing from pvp is you

Thirdly the only troll here is you!

Fourth matter of business is if cloak play is so easy why then every match isnt it 5 bops onto 5 whatever no it isn't because it isn't easy just like stopping an alpha isn't that easy

However if you practice and work at it you'll get it you have a massive advantage there called speakers turn them on you'll hear them de cloaking have your rsp on a mouse button or something

Now last of all use your tiny puny little pain in the ar*e of a brain stop coming on here say ban this ban that and learn how to play properly

Do you think those that keep blowing you up got that good instantly no they didn't ask them they'll tell you it takes years

That's the last bit of advice I'm giving you I'm normally happy to help anyone who needs help but not when they come on and spout stuff like this

Now get back in your hole you troll
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The problem I have with this post is

If te OP had come on and said look I'm useless every time I go into a pvp against the Klingons I get my fed hind handed to me every time

I bet there would have been a que out the door of people willing to help and I would have been at the front with what I have learnt my knowledge being right or wrong I would have given it willingly

So instead the guy comes on and says ban cloaks - this is a Klingons bread and butter not just for alphas but our ships give up certain things to have cloaks the devs have given Feds numerous ways of combating against them some would argue too many

Then he says ban carriers - this is why I love the kdf so much the voquv truly is one of my real life hobbys (yeah sad I know but who cares) I love nothing more than being the capital ship being the command unit for my pets this makes me smile and many other kdf this ship is not out of balance it doesn't come at you like a snarling Rottweiler like a bug it doesn't spin around like a defiant or a bop and have you dizzy chances are if not geared right it is the easy kill so why the f does it need a ban

He is clearly sore after a kdf buttf***ing I took per 1000 fed buttf***ngs before I got to the stage I'm at now practice makes perfect is the phrase that personifies STO

I don't brag that I'm brilliant in any way neither is my advice the be all and end all but I like to help people when I can but haters I will not help especially when they won't help themselves

Not do I use bugs but those things are not bugs they are probably two of the most balanced things in game
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm a gamer not federation or klingon but a gamer. You all sadly miss the point with cloak. Everytime I queue for Arena it's either my teammates stop spawning or they quit and never able to finish a game or have fun. The only fun I get is out of playing as klingon for pvp because quiet frank most federation players suck at pvp. Telling me I don't know what I'm doing and thinking im imbecile is quiet frankly stupid of you and makes you look really dumb.

The thing with cloak is it just makes the game completely unfun for federation side since most of the them are usually only geared for pve and skills set up for pve. When it starts to make players leave pvp and stop spawning then it just means that its high time its removed from being usable in pvp. I don't know why some pvpers just enjoy killing the enjoyment of the game.

To me I would rather have my opponents stick around and get some enjoyment instead killing the pvp and possibly shrinking it to point that your facing the same people over and over and over which gets really dull.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm a gamer not federation or klingon but a gamer. You all sadly miss the point with cloak. Everytime I queue for Arena it's either my teammates stop spawning or they quit and never able to finish a game or have fun. The only fun I get is out of playing as klingon for pvp because quiet frank most federation players suck at pvp. Telling me I don't know what I'm doing and thinking im imbecile is quiet frankly stupid of you and makes you look really dumb.

The thing with cloak is it just makes the game completely unfun for federation side since most of the them are usually only geared for pve and skills set up for pve. When it starts to make players leave pvp and stop spawning then it just means that its high time its removed from being usable in pvp. I don't know why some pvpers just enjoy killing the enjoyment of the game.

To me I would rather have my opponents stick around and get some enjoyment instead killing the pvp and possibly shrinking it to point that your facing the same people over and over and over which gets really dull.

Look I really don't know what your on about

If Feds are coming into pvp with pve setup that's their lookout

A bop is designed to hit and run it has 22-24k hull a shield modifier equivalent of a shuttle it is not designed to stick around and go toe to toe with most ships

Your barking up the wrong tree your boat has sailed massively in the wrong direction get off the forum and stop trolling

Fed side don't respawn because statistically they have more leachers it has nothing o do with cloak, carriers, the size of a lollipop