test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Older player looking for fleet of old farts

pinargepinarge Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Hello all . After looking thru the forums I have not seen what I am looking for. I am an older gamer , probably old enough to be the father or grandpappy of a lot of players. Do not get me wrong I have nothing against those young whipper snappers but I am looking for a fleet of similarly aged players . A small fleet would be nice , I am not looking for one with all t5 base tho that would be a bonus. Its not the size of the fleet nor base but the quality of the players is what I am looking for.

I bring 4 lvl50 charaters 2 tacs , 1 sci and 1 eng. I am curently lvling a tac or omega marks but do boff on others and contribute to base and embassy on all 4. I have all the ships and equipment I need , so no hand outs needed. I only pve did a smattering of pvp but relexes slow down as we age .I can do normal stf's or what ever they are called , not been into elite's yet. just started them this year , mostly for the passive abilities from the rep system.

I usually play a1-4 hrs per evening and more on weekends . I live east coast in the US. So some on at that time would be nice .
Leave me some info if interested or in game @pinarge . Thanks.

One thing I forgot as I am hard of hearing a voice chat mandator fleet would not work
Too much loud music in the 60's
Post edited by pinarge on

Comments

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2013
    Give Omega Primary a try we have a lot of old farts in our fleet :P

Teamspeak very advanced embassy and starbase and active members
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pinarge wrote: »
    Hello all . After looking thru the forums I have not seen what I am looking for. I am an older gamer , probably old enough to be the father or grandpappy of a lot of players. Do not get me wrong I have nothing against those young whipper snappers but I am looking for a fleet of similarly aged players . A small fleet would be nice , I am not looking for one with all t5 base tho that would be a bonus. Its not the size of the fleet nor base but the quality of the players is what I am looking for.

I bring 4 lvl50 charaters 2 tacs , 1 sci and 1 eng. I am curently lvling a tac or omega marks but do boff on others and contribute to base and embassy on all 4. I have all the ships and equipment I need , so no hand outs needed. I only pve did a smattering of pvp but relexes slow down as we age .I can do normal stf's or what ever they are called , not been into elite's yet. just started them this year , mostly for the passive abilities from the rep system.

I usually play a1-4 hrs per evening and more on weekends . I live east coast in the US. So some on at that time would be nice .
    Leave me some info if interested or in game @pinarge . Thanks.

One thing I forgot as I am hard of hearing a voice chat mandator fleet would not work
    Too much loud music in the 60's
    ..whatever you do do NOT join up with Starfleet special forces omega divison, bunch of kids, newbs, and they are all but leaderless, guy logs in once a day to make sure everyone is running groups he should be doing and contributing to ''his'' base.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you are interested in Leadership, check out my thread STO Talent Search. Might be something for you.
  • mendeleevmendeleev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

We are a newer and smaller fleet (working on growing of course). We are tier 1 and half way to 2. We have about 35 toons with people on daily. I am 41 years olf, we use teamspeak but it is not mandated. : P

You arew welcome to check us out.

Friend or pm me at Seddrik@Seddrik_Frost

Thanks!
  • athonilleathonille Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello all, I am a new player looking to join a fleet or group of people who are willing to help a new guy out.. I am not moron to games and catch on very fast. I am familiar with TS so they may or may not help.. Just downloaded the game from Steam last night and only ran 3 or 4 missions and any and all help will be great.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi pinarge,
    Delirium Tremens have a number of mature and older players, some casual and some dedicated. Check us out, from your post it feels like you'd be the right type of person for our fleet.

We actively train members of the fleet, and we run missions together all the time, its a very close environment. We don't run voice chat. Check us out at the links in my sig.

athonille, I'm not sure what you mean by helping out the new guy. I'm very much against power levelling new players, the levelling in this game is far too fast as it is.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited March 2013
    nicha0, Im not sure what that is, but I am not looking for freebies, just advice and or guidence with game mechanics goals etc. Im not looking to play solo is my point :)
  • pinargepinarge Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    athonille please start your own thread .
    thank you .
    edited March 2013
    pinarge, It will only allow me to reply
    edited March 2013
    pinarge, It will only allow me to reply.

Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I believe at the time that was their first post, so they couldn't start a new thread.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited March 2013
    Still looking
    edited March 2013
    One final bump
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pinarge, please pm me in game when you're on. xean@xtern1ty.
  • karaktakus1karaktakus1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi Sir, please give our fleet a try -The Final Frontier- we could be the fleet you're looking for
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am sorry I didn?t comment before but the TOS Veterans may be what you are looking for.
    We are a mature (+30) Fleet but most of our members are in the 40+ category. We are a relaxed casual fleet but we have a lot of active serious gamers in the fleet. The two things we have in common is our love for everything Sat Trek and of course we are old.

We actually are not actively recruiting anymore because we feel we are at a good, medium (250ish) fleet size and we want to make sure that we don?t become too large. So if you are interested then please find your way to our website and fill out an application. I am sure we can open the door to one or two that fit in well.

We have no rules, nothing is mandatory and no bosses.

Check out our recruiting forum for more information or visit our website at TOSFLEET.COM.

We also have a very active Klingon fleet called the TOS Qan Mang.