Options

Expanding The Fleet Rank Structure.

13»

Comments

• Options
    buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Ah, but in this game we're all at least Ensigns. Officers, in fact. We don't need 26 ranks to represent that. We don't need E ranks at all.

Even if we did, Starfleet/KDF won't follow the same E rankings as the Navy.

Starfleet's got at most 25 ranks, and that's if you include cadet ranks.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ranks

I think a reasonable representation could be:

Recruit
    Cadet
    Ensign
    Lieutenant JG
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant Commander
    Commander
    Captain
    Rear Admiral, LH
    Rear Admiral, UH
    Vice Admiral
    Admiral

12 ranks. There you go.

I was responding to the poster who said even the real armed forces only have 10 ranks; which is not correct. I wasn't talking about STO or suggesting that STO use all of the ranks in the US Navy. I was merely pointing out, in fact, that there more ranks than 10.

Thank you for your reply anyway.
  • Options
    kryptonianbadboykryptonianbadboy Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    More fleet ranks, individual permissions, a higher member cap, are among the most important thing to work on for fleets to be a bigger success in the future especially since the Romulans are going to either be federation or Klingon and not their own faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out "Welcome to the 77th" in the foundry!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The Romulan expansion is less then a month away. Lets think about the future for a moment. New players coming into the player base, returning players coming back to see what's new and current players getting a new slot for this expansion. We as fleet leaders need to think how we stay fresh and new without withering and losing our base. Any expansion of the fleet ranks would be a win win for the fleets. Some will say its too much admin time and like it the way it is that's fine but if you talk to fleets out there they are up for it. It will help keep fleet raiders at bay by making members stay and be active within the fleets community in order to get the permissions to buy fleet gear. Working up the rank will be a good thing for all. In closing there will always be people dragging down an idea because they don't like it or are afraid of change. This would be a great change and well worth it when done. I 'd like to ask for help in getting this to the forefront and I am calling all like minded players to join me in this endeavor to get the DEVs to look at this and other ideas to make the next update after the Romulans patch one for the fleets. In this patch we are getting a new UI in the next one lets get a new fleet system in place with more fleet ranks, individual permissions member based, higher fleet caps, as a community we can do this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you all for your input we are moving the discussion over to a new thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=646691 come over and give you ideas for a master list for a Fleet update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Greetings all,

I'd like to open a discussion on the advantanges of expanding the ranks a fleet is allowed to grant to it's members. Currently in-game we are only able to ulitize 5 ranks out of 7 (Fleet leader and new recruits I am not counting) Thus limiting the fleet's ability to promote upward mobilty within the fleet structure. I know that this can be achieved through a fleet website but it would be nice to log on to the game and have a more structured community. I propose expanding the 7 rank system to a 21 rank system to better utilize the 20 permissions that a fleet can grant to a member. I believe that this will enhance the fleet experience by giving fleet leadership more options in keeping players involved and rewarded for their contributions to the group. I am looking forward to hear more ideas and comments about this topic and hopefully together as a community we achieve this for I believe will help all fleets in STO. Thank you for this time and again look forward to working on this with all of you.

I'm not sure we need that many but at least would be great to have double the amount of what fleets get currently. We are willing to pay extra DIL if needed instead of doing one of those useless starbase featured projects :)
    DUwNP.gif