test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RP / IC Weaponry

anshraanshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Greetings fellow Captains.

Been a lifetimer since Beta, and one thing that people I know (Mostly RP'ers, we make foundry missions to run story rp for our member base, STO is a great platform for it) have really wanted for ages, and would pay for, is competitive (didnt say OP, or MKXII purple, Blue XI's or XII's would do fine) endgame ground weaponry, that LOOKS like the original very canon stuff you start with.

Phaser Sniper Rifle MK I - This looks like the compression rifle from First Contact and Insurrection / DS9

Phaser Beam Pistol, Stun Beam Standard Issue - Looks like the type two dolphin phaser from First contact and Insurrection / DS9

I am also sure there are Klingon Weapons that follow this trend too.

Would it be a major issue, for half decent weaponry with these skins, to be added to the Dilithium store, or even the C-Store as an "RP" pack, so max level players, can use canon weaponry in Foundry and other things? The skins are already there, Would anyone else be interested in this kind of thing?
- Into the jaws of hell.
Post edited by anshra on

Comments

• Options
    infenrainfenra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with this completely and would go one step further, Import the ability to "Skin" weapons or armour and etc with owned lower grade equipment from never winter.

Charge a small amount of diilithium for the process, make it sensible by locking it into weapons and armour of the same type, no Phaser pistols looking like MK XII Pulsewaves, maybe even lock it for the same damage type.

The RP in this game has the potential to be without peer but there are so many small changes that need to be made for it to really feel like it is Star Trek.

- Fen
    ____----____----____----____----____----____

Marshall of the Omega Rangers Fleet, Director of Personnel.

Here to help.
  • Options
    elliennaellienna Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd very much like to see this too. As the leader of a gaming community that has been RPing for eight years, I know that this would be something that RPers would happily pay for.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't RP, but I would love to see this. I really don't like the look of high end disruptors and would love to have the classic disruptor look for my MU outift. Also I find that the icons used for high end weaponry don't match the actual model of the weapon. Go check out the icon for disruptors and then equip it and see what it looks like. Very frustrating.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter