test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MK XII Very Rare Tactical Consoles

eisaakazeisaakaz Member Posts: 112 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Federation Discussion
Hey Captains,

I am very new to the Forums but I have been playing STO for three years now. I have always been happy with the Rare MK XI tactical consoles on all my ships but now, I have everything I could want, and will have Elite weapons in another month.... I have now decided that I want to upgrade to Very Rare MK XII consoles.

I see them for sale all the time on the exchange but I am not paying 32 million for them. Where have you guys better getting yours? Is there a mission you have found that grants thm more than others or are you doing the Doff missions for months at a time?

Thanks

Eisaak
Post edited by eisaakaz on

Comments

• Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    onyl way i know of it based of EXTREME luck.

Get a strange artifact from doff mission

Power the artifact (requires 1 of each 'rare particle trace')

Then use that in a mission that requires 5 engineers with resolve and difficult to match traits, for a mkxii -random- console

The quality of success depends on your luck and doffs used. the console its self, random.

So there is a reason very rare mkxii tactical consoles are pricey :P
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for the response.

I will get to work on those. :)

E
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,844 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The odds of getting a console you actually want and use from that are slim to none to be honest, there really is nothing in the game that can be done but spend the money or don't bother.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sometimes if you are really lucky, a purple Mk12 item will drop as a reward from comming in first place in a Space War. I have three, each on a different character, and I recieved all of them in Kerrat. But remember, the drop is random, and you have to have come in first place, which is not that easy to achive.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It does happen, or at least did. I don't know if it can still happen. I got a purple, MK XII plasma infuser wayyyy back when after an elite infected space STF. Still use it to this day.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic has to diversify how we get in-game content.
    There should be more sources of the Mk XII purple shiny consoles.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Even with a maxed-out team of engineers on the Fabricate Console mission, the odds of getting the one you want is something like half a percent (and thats assuming all chances are equal, which is debatable). You could do purple 11s or blue 12s much more easily, but at that point it would only be incrementally better than the blue 11s you're already using.
  • Options
    lordcorrinolordcorrino Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Go for MK XII blue or MK XI purple. A set of four was down around 10 million last I checked for the more desirable damage types. Like everything else in STO you pay a huge premium for a small step up to "max" with a very small increase in stats.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Go for MK XII blue or MK XI purple. A set of four was down around 10 million last I checked for the more desirable damage types. Like everything else in STO you pay a huge premium for a small step up to "max" with a very small increase in stats.

Yeah I agree 100%. That is why I have always been happy with what I have and don't really feel the need to pay for them. I was just hoping someone had a line on a secret mission that popped one or two more than anywhere else.

It was a dream. :)

Eisaak
  • Options
    velocy1985velocy1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    But remember, the drop is random, and you have to have come in first place, which is not that easy to achive.

Sorry, but I think that is not entirely correct. I pulled out a purple MK XII Plasma Console, a purple MK XII Antiproton Console and a purple MK XII Neutronium Alloy (which I lost the lot to, cause we were in a Team) from repair cubes (and 1 of them from a Tact Cube iirc). None of them has been a reward for being 1st place in Kerrat. That's how I got the Money for my Temporal Sci Vessel ;-)
  • Options
    nigel2751nigel2751 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a few pointers regarding this thread .i have different types of weapon set now everything on my ship is mk12 baring tact consoles,my tact consoles are purple mk11 from phaser disruptor tetyron poleron ect ect ect .having this many sets i can always change weapon types as nothing really stays in fashion.now this is a reason i will not commit to mk12 because there far to over priced and because of this your not going to run into another guy with full mk12 the chances are going to be very slim .
    to commit to one weapon type would be silly because theres a lot of defenses out there to counter act your weapons so having other weapons will help you prevent this .now one thing you did not point out was what class are you and what ship do you fly these are key factors with in the game it would be pointless buying the best tact items if your ship only has 2 slots like the recluse if your sci or an eng you must take this in to account only char to benefit if anything would be a tact.
    because the price is so high and the number you require for your ship it would be pointless
    with new content always coming out you have many choices on how to boost your stats ect follow that path it works out cheaper.
    things like rep accolades and many other things can help make sure weapons have the right stats needed for the job like acc dmg crt d crit h ect ect pvp is acc
    i hope this helps those who read this thread and get a good insight
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    velocy1985 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I think that is not entirely correct. I pulled out a purple MK XII Plasma Console, a purple MK XII Antiproton Console and a purple MK XII Neutronium Alloy (which I lost the lot to, cause we were in a Team) from repair cubes (and 1 of them from a Tact Cube iirc). None of them has been a reward for being 1st place in Kerrat. That's how I got the Money for my Temporal Sci Vessel ;-)

Yes, you can get MK 12 from the Tac cubes and sometimes the Repair Hulks, but the drop rate is lower than comming in first place in a Space War. That ALWAYS drops a purple. At that piont it is just a question of what mark value it is (X-XII).
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets just say I think given the rarity, the prices on the exchange aren't insane. Now the price for low level plasma weapons, that is insane.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I settled on MK XII Blue consoles or MK XI Purple consoles.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »
    I settled on MK XII Blue consoles or MK XI Purple consoles.

1/10th the cost for 1.8% less damage. Smart man.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly EC is so easy to get in this game that a player could pull 30 mill for a console in less then a month. Heck my Romulan is less then a week old and he's already pulled 3 mill in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    joenatl wrote: »
    Honestly EC is so easy to get in this game that a player could pull 30 mill for a console in less then a month. Heck my Romulan is less then a week old and he's already pulled 3 mill in.

Unless you are burning through it purchasing commodities for the Reputation projects or DOFF assignments.
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can run a couple of STF and get enough EC to pay for the rep system easily.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    30mil a month is way too easy to pull, if I had the diligence needed to log in every morning and do my doff farming, I would pull in way more than that. The release of LoR made me divert my attention elsewhere since I do accolade hunting.
    Easiest way to get purple consoles is using powered alien artifacts. You get about a 1 in 4 chance of a purple Mk XII with Resolve + Stubborn/Efficient (There is a 3 crit trait doff, but the chances of getting it are very low) and about an overall 8% chance of getting a purple TAC console. I won't get into the economics of it, but taking the chance is better than outright buying the console.