test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not Getting Tech help

kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
I have been asking for a month now for Devs or Gms to look into an issue I have been having with retrains tokens. They completely bugged my ground skills and 3 piece maco, omega and adapted Maco set abilities, as well as my use of ground devices. I have made nuemerous posts in the bug section and have submitted 2 or 3 tickets and have only recieved the standard we know you have a problem. This is not good, how is it that when your ship line comes out broken you make an immediate next day fix. Yet when I asked for a check into the bug it goes a whole month with nothing done about it? Im wondering what could possibly be more important than customer experience with the game. The ticket system itself is broken because it gets evaluated much like a small tear in jeans. Once its gotten too big then it gets a look at. That is out right sad and generally how most players leave great games because of shoddy tech support( basically getting ignored). I have not complained about skils being OP only of not being able to use the abilities that would normally granted me for haveing specific item and it has been IGNORED for a whole month because of more "pressing matters" in other parts of the game. Broken is Broken dispite how much content you throw at it. This is my last attempt at getting some kind of customer respect. You guys dont understand how much customer support really is to the community.
Post edited by kidamar on

Comments

• shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OK, I'll bite: what's the bug you are experiencing? I saw no mention of it in your 1st post... only that the bug has been there a long time with no official tech support response.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, support from Cryptic has been a bit of an issue since day one.
    You can file a bug report in game, but only in the rarest instances do any of us seem to hear back.. And of course its the hearing back that you want..

After 3 months of nothing back on a bug ticket I just yank the ticket..

Try Perfect World support. A few have reported that they have gotten assistance when going that route.

Khemaraa sends
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • ramfanramfan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    untill about 6 months ago.. every patch crashed my laptop when i tried to sign on to sto.. that has been fixed.. FINALLY.. NOW this latest patch - caused me to crash on my remote location PC.. i am fine at home.. and on my laptop.. but this is the second time a patch has done this to my remote location.. i hope this gets fixed.. why does patching ALWAYS seem to cause such a problem??? i love the game..
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just a caution...

Forum rules do not allow posting of any private correspondance that you may get from PWE, including any specific or paraphrased responses from Support. Any post in violation of that rule will be edited or removed and you will get a warning or infraction.

If you have feedback about Customer Service, you may express dissatisfaction with Support and general reasons why you are dissatisfied (lack of response, inappropriate response, unhelpful response, etc). You may not post about a specific response. If you have a specific issue with Customer Service, I'm afraid your main recourse is to open another ticket with PWE to complain about it. The forums are not the venue for it.

If you have a specific technical problem, you can post your problem in one of the Support forums and see if you can get a response there.

~Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    For BlueGeek: No specific responses are identified below, and the post conforms to the above statement.

Responses from tech support range from excellent to infuriatingly 'cut & paste'.

In the past 16 months I have submitted 4 tech support tickets. 1 was answered in an hour, and was excellent. The other three ranged up to 45 days in response time. In the cases of the last three requests, I got better results by asking for player support in the forums, both here and in the PWE forums.

PWE's responses to the last three tickets WERE IDENTICAL CUT AND PASTE responses. Their solutions were meaningless.

So excellent work fellow players!

Ironically, they now close all tickets in 160 hours if you don't respond. Excellent customer avoidance trick which makes your support team look proficient. After the time ran out they sent me a satisfaction survey. Imagine my response ;)

My Two Bits

Admiral Thrax
  • kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    OK, I'll bite: what's the bug you are experiencing? I saw no mention of it in your 1st post... only that the bug has been there a long time with no official tech support response.

There are 2 reasons i believe this has happened, That ambassador mission for the ship causes skill bugs left and right. If I retrain my captain i have to do that mission just to be able to use my inate captain abilities. I do no know where or how this bugged my set abilities but it has. No omega, no adapted maco, or even regular maco. And as for the blue geek's warning, if you havent read my post to get a general idea of how i am feeling i suggest you reread it and it will give you an idea of what i think abut that post. Again this section is feed back so regardless of what you post that is my feed back. I did not cut nor past or even make reference to my personal response from the tickets. That response a general response from most ticket systems. Please be more informed before you go and warn someone who really is at the point of not caring becuase of the companies lack of concern about its players problems. Thanks but good job for doing you job, surprisingly someone actually does work around here.
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Just a caution...

Forum rules do not allow posting of any private correspondance that you may get from PWE, including any specific or paraphrased responses from Support. Any post in violation of that rule will be edited or removed and you will get a warning or infraction.

If you have feedback about Customer Service, you may express dissatisfaction with Support and general reasons why you are dissatisfied (lack of response, inappropriate response, unhelpful response, etc). You may not post about a specific response. If you have a specific issue with Customer Service, I'm afraid your main recourse is to open another ticket with PWE to complain about it. The forums are not the venue for it.

If you have a specific technical problem, you can post your problem in one of the Support forums and see if you can get a response there.

~Bluegeek

Heaven help you if you tar their good name....
  • ariseaboveariseabove Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure I really understand your problem, but if your having an issue with the Bo slots for the Ambassador mission, they are supposed to be like that. Before you move out of space dock in the mission you have to reassign officers and skills like any other ship as for skills who cares what they are theres only a few ships to destroy.

You may also need to press "p" to re-assign skills to your taskbar but as above it really doesn't matter theres not much of a battle to go.

When you change from any ship to any ship you have to re-assign stuff its just in that mission you have to do it mid way through, its not a bug.

As for your ground gear as there is no ground combat what does it matter?

And yes once you change back to another ship after that mission you also have re assign things again.

As for retrain tokens, whats wrong with them?...you just go to a trainer and retrain de selecting your old skills all of them and assign new points
  • tau41tau41 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Waitaminute.

So if you get shoddy customer service, to which you would rightly want to file a complaint about, and you post a public example of SAID shoddy customer service, you're in violation of the ToS?

You have to know-HAVE TO KNOW-that is the fast track to pissing off people who are already not happy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe the Tholians have taken over.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tau41 wrote: »
    So if you get shoddy customer service, to which you would rightly want to file a complaint about, and you post a public example of SAID shoddy customer service, you're in violation of the ToS?
    When did anyone say that in this thread?

You can complain all you want. What you can't do is post private correspondences on the forum. It doesn't matter who you're corresponding with. You can't post private emails or PMs that you I might have, or that you and Cryptic/PWE have, or that you and your mother had. Everyone has a right to privacy; and that's true for you, me, Cryptic, or PWE.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kidamar wrote: »
    There are 2 reasons i believe this has happened, That ambassador mission for the ship causes skill bugs left and right. If I retrain my captain i have to do that mission just to be able to use my inate captain abilities. I do no know where or how this bugged my set abilities but it has. No omega, no adapted maco, or even regular maco. And as for the blue geek's warning, if you havent read my post to get a general idea of how i am feeling i suggest you reread it and it will give you an idea of what i think abut that post. Again this section is feed back so regardless of what you post that is my feed back. I did not cut nor past or even make reference to my personal response from the tickets. That response a general response from most ticket systems. Please be more informed before you go and warn someone who really is at the point of not caring becuase of the companies lack of concern about its players problems. Thanks but good job for doing you job, surprisingly someone actually does work around here.

I still don't understand the issue since it has not yet been directly documented in this thread. Are you losing access to your captain abilities and BOFF skills while doing a certain mission, or have you lost access to all abilities permanently?
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    When did anyone say that in this thread?

You can complain all you want. What you can't do is post private correspondences on the forum. It doesn't matter who you're corresponding with. You can't post private emails or PMs that you I might have, or that you and Cryptic/PWE have, or that you and your mother had. Everyone has a right to privacy; and that's true for you, me, Cryptic, or PWE.

This. Right on the money.

My post was intended to help people post constructive feedback that doesn't violate this rule.

Since when have I ever stomped all over feedback just because it was negative? Negative feedback is perfectly acceptable, as long as it's not insulting or a direct attack on someone else, and it's not breaking any of the rules PWE set.

That said, you don't like the customer service? Set phasers to "Steamed" and fire away. Just follow the forum rules when you do it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    I still don't understand the issue since it has not yet been directly documented in this thread. Are you losing access to your captain abilities and BOFF skills while doing a certain mission, or have you lost access to all abilities permanently?

Even though i have the full set equipped. When i press thr [p] key, i do not get access to the full range of my skills. Its as if the game does not register me having the whole set. It is the same way for ground cnsumables except for the ophi cane, the shard , and the gambling device. those work but hypos, shield devices , and energy cells dont register as equipped. I cannot add them to the skill tray from the menu. I also, loose all my innate skills for space until I do the ambassador mission, and then i can activate those skills like evasive manuevers and brace for impact, only after i complete that mission for some reason. It is only on this character too, my others are fine.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kidamar wrote: »
    Even though i have the full set equipped. When i press thr [p] key, i do not get access to the full range of my skills. Its as if the game does not register me having the whole set. It is the same way for ground cnsumables except for the ophi cane, the shard , and the gambling device. those work but hypos, shield devices , and energy cells dont register as equipped. I cannot add them to the skill tray from the menu. I also, loose all my innate skills for space until I do the ambassador mission, and then i can activate those skills like evasive manuevers and brace for impact, only after i complete that mission for some reason. It is only on this character too, my others are fine.

You sure the items are just not showing up on the hotbar ? or the buttons are actually there, and they dont do anything? (press "P" to bring up your abilities list, click n drag to a hotbar slot)