test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttles

goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Academy
So I got my free shuttle from Admiral T'nae but need some help switching between flying the shuttle and flying the ship.

I got on this morning and was mysteriously flying the shuttle. Not sure how. Now I can't figure out how to get back. I've tried visiting the ship selector in the shuttle bridge but all that lets me do is select a ship, when I leave I'm still in the shuttle. Same was true when I visited the small craft selector in the ship.

The wiki wasn't very helpful.

Thanks!
Post edited by goldenavariel on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    in the ship selection screen where you change ships, there is something in the lower left corner with two radio choices, one startship, one shuttle. select starship to make that your active ship.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you probably set your shuttle as "primary" in the ship selection window. You may want to go to a shipyard and select your real ship as primary.
    Go pro or go home
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bet that's exactly what I did. I remember wondering what it was for and playing around with it. When nothing happened immediately I lost interest LOL

Thanks!
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You don't have to go back to a starbase, you've got a ship selector at your fingertips. click the down arrow at the corner of the minimap, and go either to your bridge or your shuttle bridge.

On both (right in the cockpit for the shuttle, for the ship bridge you'll have to take a turbolift to the engineering deck and find the officer in the transporter room - obviously shuttle bridge is more convenient) is a ship selection officer who's limited to your current default ship and all your shuttles. You can switch into or out of shuttles or change your default shuttle from here.

Only time you have to go back to base is to switch your primary ship.