test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Map Transitions While in the Editor

elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
While reviewing and building some new projects that while I'm doing a test run in the editor, I can't leave the map if it is a Cryptic map to sector space or another Cryptic map. Usually the game crashes.

Example 1: After complete some dialog objectives on SFA, I can't "Beam Up" into sector space to fly to Memory Alpha.

Example 2: Can't go from DS9 Interior (Cryptic Map) to a Custom Map then to DS9 Space (Cryptic Map). When I beam out it puts me right back on the DS9 Interior map.

Again I've never published the projects with this occurring b/c I couldn't get it to work on a test run, so all of this happened while in the Editor.

Is it a bug or by design? Or some sort of map transition error I'm causing b/c maps can't link?

Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, this is a known issue.

In my experience, once published all map transfers work properly. It just makes testing in preview annoying as one can't play fully through the mission.

As to the crashes you mentioned, are you getting the Cryptic Error Tracker popping when they happen? If so, below the big white box will be a number and if you can get me that number it would help getting the crashes fixed.
    STO QA Team
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do. Next time it happens I'll look for that number and pass it along. Should I post it here to send a PM?
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    elcymerian wrote: »
    I do. Next time it happens I'll look for that number and pass it along. Should I post it here to send a PM?

Posting here is fine. Thanks.
    STO QA Team
This discussion has been closed.