test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keep or Consolidate/delete Charcters

thejosephinethejosephine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I currently have 3 Fed and 3 Klingon characters. (one of each class)

I am having a difficult time on deciding what to do with my less played characters.

As long as they sit in my character select window, I feel I should at least make a little effort on them for progress for the passive abilities. Most of the time that involves doing a solo run of the epoh daily so they have a backlog of Romulan marks should I want to level them one day.

Then I read more about Season 8 and beyond. More reputation systems, blah. I really only play a couple of characters, but with each new rep system, that means more passive abilities. After a few more, those "minor" passive bonuses will begin to add up, causing a not so minor difference.

I could just move all the ec/junk to the account bank and just leave them in my character select window. Or I could delete them. So my temptation or guilt for not progressing them is alleviated.

Logic says just leave them and don't work on them. But my emotional side has the stupid sunk cost fallacy.

What do you think?
Post edited by thejosephine on

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well personally I have 6 KDF and 5 Feds more or less as I prefer to just make a new toon rather than delete. I do rather have them as sometimes I fancy playing a Trill, other times an Orion, other times I miss my Borg Human so I myself recommend just archive and maybe shove them in a personal fleet or something to share resources. Just keep your main characters in whichever fleet you feel attached to.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Generally, my alt-toons just do doff missions and take tests at the Academy. They can make a thousand Dil a day each for a couple minutes of mouse clicking. More if you have them turn in contraband and settle colonists.
    Plus all that CXP you can turn into marks for your fleet.

Also good as extra bank slots for unbound stuff.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Character slots are so cheap and characters are so useful for a good farming opportunity that I do not think I will ever delete a VA character. I have one of each faction and class, three new Federation characters (one of each class), all aliens which i am leveling up (which makes it easier to change their appearance and select all space traits) and a 7th "federation" Ferengi I am going to make and pretend like he is part of the Ferengi Alliance instead of the Federation (although he has to get to VA to unlock the D'kora).
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was going to deleet to but i decided no I found a good use extra storage