test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking For That "Perfect" Fleet

father0niveusfather0niveus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Earth Spacedock
I'm an experienced player back from a long hiatus (around season 5) and very much looking forward to the promise of May (keeping my fingers crossed for a Romulan faction anyway). Up until now I've been going it alone here in STO and I'm finding that I miss that sense of community a fleet, super group (RIP CoH), guild, etc brings. I have zero interest in serious PvP (outside the fleet) and not much interest in casual PvP (inside the fleet), just not my cup of tea. I enjoy RP but I'm still on the fence about attempting it in STO, the possibilities just seem rather narrow (at least Fed side). That said, I usually have at least a very basic bio for my toons and my primary is a Vice Admiral from the Mirror Universe with a penchant for diplomacy. Regardless, I'm still the sort who names their ships and characters something logical even if it isn't exactly cannon. I'm laid back, casual, and independent. I'm also not looking for a handout, I have no problem contributing to a fleet in order to get something back from it. I have toons on both the Fed and KDF side but my experience is overwhelmingly on the Fed side. So there's a little about me.
As to what I'm looking for...something casual, rules and guidelines are fine but if your fleet is one of those that insists on telling its members how they should play, well we're not even remotely a fit. Could be RP oriented or not as I'm still not sure about the RP side of things. A fleet I could contribute marks and such to would be nice so yours doesn't need to be tier 5 but it does need to be one making steady progress. I know it's cliche but low drama (every fleet has some from time to time, it's inevitable) is a necessity please. A fleet webpage isn't necessary but it's certainly a bonus.
If you think I might be a fit for your fleet then please let me know and I look forward to making your acquaintance!

Consul Constantine, Alexander M.
I have seen what power does. And I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other.
Post edited by father0niveus on

Comments

• nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Delirium Tremens sounds like a pretty good fit, check out our webpage and see what you think and feel free to pm or mail us additional questions. We don't RP, but have no rules towards it either way.

message @nicha0 for any more info you'd like.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good evening. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that?s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA).

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don?t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
  • ubermattenubermatten Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Greetings,

Firstly, welcome back from your long hiatus, I too look forward to see if they bring the Romulan faction into it.

Anyways, of course I am here to promote my own fleet. So here's a brief breakdown of the 5th Special Operations Division. We are an RP-based fleet. That being said, we understand that not everyone is used to RPing in STO, so we are very easy-going when it comes to that (in other words, if you like to fly solo sometimes, that's cool too). We do have some basic things like uniforms requirements when in character, and minimum donations before you get access to stores, etc. We are full of mature players who are knowledgable and enjoy the game for what it is, a game. We are not hardcore gamers, but do enjoy working towards goals (ie. Starbase, Embassy, etc.)

We have our own forum thread that you can check out by following the link below. Also, in that thread we have a link to our website, so feel free to check it out. If you have any questions, feel free to post them on the thread (we apprecaite bumps) and we will respond in kind. Alternatively, you can contact @ubermatten or @kpts4tv in-game for a more direct answer to any questions.

Cheers, and good hunting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    any fleets with older players? i see older players in the game saying they are older, but i keep running across immature kids or poor leaders. I myself am in my 20s but I just don't do well with people my age. For instance, the depth of the fleet chat I am in currently comes down three character spammed nonstop - lol. It's really frustrating seeing that or people calling romulans - rommies, andorians - andys and dilithium - dil. I hate it. I didn't play star trek for these reasons.
  • jakeydj1234jakeydj1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi all if you would like to join a fleet that is a enjoyable, helpful and friendly fleet then join M.A.C.O. 9, hit me up in game Jakey_DJ@Jakey_DJ1 also visit our site http://maco9.shivtr.com/ (it's a work in progress), hope you decide to join if you have not found one already
  • kathbriskathbris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I too have recently come back from a long hiatus(season 2 or 3). I began looking for a fleet after I realized I needed help, so I began the search. I happened upon the 88th Fleet which is a 21+ fleet, bar a couple mature young members. The 88th has some people who PvP but most are pve'ers all can be a laugh and are fairly easy to get along with. Almost every night we are getting groups together for events. The leadership holds biweekly fleet meetings and a website for maintained communication with the fleet as a whole. I so far have enjoyed my time in the 88th. In fact I have even made a foundry mission to help new members with the rules and policies as well as meeting the officers of the fleet. You can contact myself in game @mcmatter, check out the foundry mission 88th Introduction, or go to the fleet website 88th.guildlaunch.com

Live long and prosper
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi there,

Seen your post thought I would drop a line. Starfleet Operations Command, might be the fleet your looking for. We are a casual based fleet made up of eastern/pacific/ and even UK players. We hold regular fleet events, meetings each week. We arent a huge fleet by any means, but we have enouph to enjoy the game. Some of our family, yes family, are very skilled STF'rs, so if thats your game then that be great.

Im not going to mention our starbase or embassy level as it shouldnt really matter in the end, but Ill say that we are very "healthy" level.

If you want to drop me a line, shoot me a pm in game @xXLocutusXx. Look forward in hearing from you if not good luck on your future fleet. Cheers

ps. we are a very mature group, some are current and ex military service members.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    father0niveus and madblooddoll, have you considered leading a fleet? Check out my post titled STO Talent search a few posts below this one. Might be something you'd like to try out. I'm @xtern1ty in game, pm me if you like to know more.
  • heofredhairheofredhair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi all,

Rather than creating a new thread, I thought i would reply here. i too am looking for a fleet. I soloed for a while and then finally joined a fleet. I donated to the fleet regularly, contributed to the fleet bank, only to see the same top level fleet officers withdrawing my donations regularly and not offering much in the way of social gameplay or anything like that. So I left and am looking for a casual fleet that is interested in running casual STFs and PVE. I'm a level 50 working on marks and am always willing to run fleet marks and do what I can to help my fleet advance.
    More then anything, though, my primary desire is a social, fun fleet where everyone can enjoy the benefits of the fleet, not just a few of the top ranked individuals benefiting from the grind everyone else puts in. Thank you (and I apologize if i highjacked the original thread lol)
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi there,

Seen your post thought I would drop a line. Starfleet Operations Command, might be the fleet your looking for. We are a casual based fleet made up of eastern/pacific/ and even UK players. We hold regular fleet events, meetings each week. We arent a huge fleet by any means, but we have enouph to enjoy the game. Some of our family, yes family, are very skilled STF'rs, so if thats your game then that be great.

Im not going to mention our starbase or embassy level as it shouldnt really matter in the end, but Ill say that we are very "healthy" level.

If you want to drop me a line, shoot me a pm in game @xXLocutusXx. Look forward in hearing from you if not good luck on your future fleet. Cheers

ps. we are a very mature group, some are current and ex military service members.

Your fleet sounds good, problem is in the fleet I'm in now has supposed military people too (though that doesn't mean they're better in anyway) and the depth of their conversation is answering EVERYTHING with the following -"lol". There's always some guy bragging too about stuff no one cares about. They never promote unless it's some new member who has a good kissing of the butt ability. I can't even use my fleet marks and honestly i'm not looking for low ranks anymore. Oh and if you don't like the same tv shows as the core people they just don't talk to you. It's that ridiculous! All I hear from the fleet chat I am in is "rommie", "andy" and "dil" and it's sad. I didn't play star trek for these reasons at all. Tired of the discouragement too towards anything anyone does that's different than the core people.

I'm just hesitant though your post sounds good and different than the joke of a fleet I am in.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Your fleet sounds good, problem is in the fleet I'm in now has supposed military people too (though that doesn't mean they're better in anyway) and the depth of their conversation is answering EVERYTHING with the following -"lol". There's always some guy bragging too about stuff no one cares about. They never promote unless it's some new member who has a good kissing of the butt ability. I can't even use my fleet marks and honestly i'm not looking for low ranks anymore. Oh and if you don't like the same tv shows as the core people they just don't talk to you. It's that ridiculous! All I hear from the fleet chat I am in is "rommie", "andy" and "dil" and it's sad. I didn't play star trek for these reasons at all. Tired of the discouragement too towards anything anyone does that's different than the core people.

I'm just hesitant though your post sounds good and different than the joke of a fleet I am in.

Well we are a very close knitt group, but we are always accepting of new people. We dont frown on anyone for what ever the reason. I have helped some of the members in the fleet to become better stf'rs and just better players in general. They have questions and we try to answer them as a team/family. We love to joke around and have fun.. we have an ongoing thing in the fleet member area with the comment section. We always put funny comments in there to bug each other.. again we are just here to have fun and enjoy the game we love.

Our motto is aslong as you care for the fleet and work hard for it, the doors will open, but as any good fleet out there we arent just going to give the keys to the kingdom as you enter it. Trust is earned over time. Promotions work in the same manner. Very peacefull group of players and a solid bunch.

Id never trade what we have for a bigger larger fleet of 500, Id like to keep our numbers low, but a healthy level so we all know each other and have a great time with this game.

My door is always open to anyone, so if you want to chat with me contact me ingame: @xXLocutusXx

Cheers
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    heofredhair, a lot of what you are looking for is what our fleet is about. Give us a look and send us a message if you like what you see.

Our fleet is a close group, not too large, but we do runs and fly together all the time, we set standards for promotions and you'll get out as much as you want to put in. We actively train people and encourage others to always improve themselves.

I never understood the point of being in a fleet as a random group of people with no common goals or attitudes.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel