test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Top Tier Romulan Space Set...

ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I am roughly 24 hours away from achieving Tier V in Romulan Rep, which will open up the Mk XII space set and the Experimental Plasma Beam Array...

However, I tried to find info on this set -- went to STO WIKI and there is practically nothing there -- in fact, the pages that have this set are blank and have no detail.

I fished around the forums, and saw some posts that basically said that the set was sort of "meh."

I am going to go to an all-plasma rig once I hit Tier V...but is the Romulan space set worth it? I currently have all three pieces of the KHG set (mk XII)...I know that the Rom set boosts plasma weaponry...but I imagine that there is a tradeoff involved between the two sets, and KHG already provides a boost to Torps...

Just looking for advice...keep the KHG Mk XII set, or invest in the Rom Set? Decisions, decisions...
Post edited by ztempest on

Comments

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The easiest solution would be to visit DS9 on tribble.
    There you can get the hard numbers.

The Romulan and Reman set are very similar and I've been flying with the MkXI Reman set for quite a while now...ditched it even though I'd have access to both MkXII Reman and Omega Rep sets now.

The Covariant Capacitance Cell is worth nothing and the speed bonus to the HY plasmas only works sometimes and it doesn't work with the Hyperplasma so...

My advice would be, go to Tribble test them out.
  • Options
    ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thank you!

That is an excellent idea...and I am kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier lol. For some reason...I did not even consider Tribble...

Once again, thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My pleasure.:)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh, and I'd like to know what your opinion is when you're done.
    So please don't forget to come back.