test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Faction = April Fools

13»

Comments

• khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This thread makes my head hurt... make... it... stop...

*takes a Constellation-class cruiser out of drydock in stupor*

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is my reaction to Warbird. Both on the "April Fools" idea, and the assumption that Cryptic is hyping a new playable faction, whether or not he thinks it's an April Fool joke.
  • colkendriccolkendric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That date of the countdown is the weekend of PAX East. Perfect time for an announcement.

Also, the countdown site clearly says "May 2013". I expect some PvE content and/or info updates in March, and finally playable Romulans at May. The hype is too big for any teasing or jokes, they are still sane at Cryptic and Perfect World in terms of business.

And whoever believes in April Fools jokes or St. Patrick's Day conincidences: Do your math.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    colkendric wrote: »
    That date of the countdown is the weekend of PAX East. Perfect time for an announcement.

Also, the countdown site clearly says "May 2013". I expect some PvE content and/or info updates in March, and finally playable Romulans at May. The hype is too big for any teasing or jokes, they are still sane at Cryptic and Perfect World in terms of business.

And whoever believes in April Fools jokes or St. Patrick's Day conincidences: Do your math.

It's all hype. To believe that Cryptic could pull off a rommie faction is laughable. Klingons will probably receive a few missions and 2 or 3 romulan new episodes will be introduced. Wouldn't be surprised if the devs introduced an iconian rep tree that takes 1-2 months to grind through.

Dan will soon announce that a romulan faction is planned for season 9, then it will be delayed, and then it will be scrapped all together.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif