test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, A Request...

ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I know that asking -- even politely -- for some input is a sure way to garuntee that there will not be any...but I do have a request.

In the past couple of weeks there have been various interviews done with Cryptic employees, to include Mr. Stahl. One common thing that seems to happen is that even with a 30-45 minute interview, there is usually only one question about Klingon content and the future of the Klingon faction. The answer given is -- unfortunately -- usually a dodge.

I would like to ask Cryptic to tip their hand, just a bit. It has been ages since I have seen a Dev post in the Klingon forums...rumors run rampant...we hear that the May update is going to be something to write home to Mom about...but on the Federation side we see speculation about the new toys they think they are going to get, and the possibility of at least an introduction to a potential Romulan Faction.

All I am looking for -- and I think all that dedicated Klingon players who lurk and post in these forums is looking for is a very simple statement -- it does not have to be specific at all, even just yes and no answers...to questions like:

Will there be new missions that are Klingon-faction specific (not rehashes of Fed material...)?

Are there going to be new Klingon ships made available (new Fleet versions, maybe even (gasp) a real sci Fleet vessel or two -- sorry, the Fleet Varanus just does not bring anything new to the table at endgame...)?

Will it be possible - finally - to start the game as a level 1 Klingon charactor without ever having to play Federation for 20-some odd levels?

These three questions -- with nothing more than yes or no answers, and maybe a small qualifier why -- would go a long way toward dispelling some of the uncertainty. I feel that the Klingon faction in this game really is at a crossroads. This is the eighth major update, despite it not being labelled as "Season 8", and six or more of the past updates to this game have been crushing dissapointments for the Klingon faction.

Everyone wants to know...is there any truth at all to the hype this time...or should we start lowering our expectations?
Post edited by ztempest on

Comments

• starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The randomized appearance of the Bortasqu in the Tau Dewa Sector Patrol missions has it titled "KDF Bortasqu", not "I.K.S. Bortasqu". That's correct, Cryptic's forgotten the ownership designation for the faction.

I think that pretty much says everything about where our expectations should be.

I'm actually okay with this as long as the mixed-faction content continues to flow - the single player episodes can be played by both factions, I can queue into STF's with Starfleet players, etc. It's a game, and at the end of the day, I'm having fun.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm pretty sure the devs don't read a thing in the KDF forums since the mods usually more threads here about anything to do with us from general discussion (which they don't do with the feds btw) to here to die.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    starsvoid wrote: »
    The randomized appearance of the Bortasqu in the Tau Dewa Sector Patrol missions has it titled "KDF Bortasqu", not "I.K.S. Bortasqu". That's correct, Cryptic's forgotten the ownership designation for the faction.

I think that pretty much says everything about where our expectations should be.

I'm actually okay with this as long as the mixed-faction content continues to flow - the single player episodes can be played by both factions, I can queue into STF's with Starfleet players, etc. It's a game, and at the end of the day, I'm having fun.

Excellent !

I have a couple lame feddie cruisers I'll be glad to give to my KDF Tac toons to fly, just to show to my PvP teammates how lame the idea is, and to TRIBBLE me off enough to actually find a better game to play.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG