test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, Are you planning on releasing more bridges?

diesel2004diesel2004 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I was hoping to get an answer to this, are we ever going to get more bridges added? What we have is great but I'd love to see the Nebula/Ambassador Bridge, a more realistic Galaxy Class bridge that isn't so huge and monstrous, as well as some new interior options. The interiors of ships have been so ignored it is a crime. I'd really like to be able to customize my engine room as well as my bridge. The warp core is the heart of the ship and there are so many variations. The Galaxy Class engine room was the best and I would love to see it.

Finally, any word on a The Next Generation pack?
Post edited by diesel2004 on

Comments

• Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What I'd like to see are actual interiors for the lockbox ships.
  • Options
    carbongripcarbongrip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If they start making bridge packs again it should be a full interior and not just a bridge!
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Interiors would be nice but if I'm honest I'd say I'd rather they release new content. Just my opinion!!
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This has been mentioned many, many times in many, many places.

Whilst I too would like to see more ship interiors in general, unless there are actual gameplay missions that take place, there's isn't much point in Cryptic investing dev resources on a private zone people almost never visit (apart from RP or special DOff assignements).

I'm thinking perhaps an entire season devoted to ship interiors, as per the proposal centersolace and I have been writing (see sig):

- Episode missions that either wholly take place aboard the player's own ship interior, or the remastering of existing missions to include scenes using ship interiors.

- Canon room/deck layouts for each major ship class, skipping unused decks as required.

- The ability to mix and match interior decor styles (e.g. doors, corridors, arches, LCARS schemes) from either 2409 presets or canon interior packs.

- Actual functionality in rooms (e.g. Cargo Bay for general storage, Terrarium for pet breeding, Shuttlebay for configuring shuttles, Armory for crafting ground equipment)

- Cosmetic customisation (e.g. shipwide crew NPC uniforms, BOff positions on Bridges, custom costumes for DOff assignment contacts).
    Interiors would be nice but if I'm honest I'd say I'd rather they release new content. Just my opinion!!

I don't like the use of the phrase "more content" - it's far too nebulous a term.

Content consists of:
    - Ships
    - Costumes
    - Maps (Ground / Interior / Space)
    - FE Missions
    - Social or Adventure Zones
    - Reputation systems
    - PvE / PvP / STFs
    - Fleet Holdings (e.g. Embassy, Starbase)

So I think when most people scream "i wanna moar content!loloneeleven", they most likely actually mean more episode missions or adventure zones.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cryptic has strongly suggested they will release a TNG bridge pack and that a Voyager bridge pack might be released at some point after that. We can also assume that new lock box ships will come with new bridges as well as potentially new designs for a romulan faction, if and when it is released.

Other than that they have been very . . . cryptic.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't forget an excelsior bridge. I miss it. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    actually, i like the lockbox bridges.. no running, no loading screens...
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to have more bridges and interiors. TNG bundle would be an instant buy for me! Still a bit miffed I didn't get a bridge for my vesta considering the other bundle ships all have one. Need a 2409 style corridor interior to go with the Odyssey bridge. Please Cryptic, MOAR INTERIORS! :D
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2013
    I would like the Bridges to resemble the ship in layout
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Allow for swappable MSDs first.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Like I said, I have already written a full proposal (see sig) with most of the things you guys want. I'd suggest you guys have a read.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like bridges/interiors to go with the Gorn, Orion, and Nausicaan ships. Klingon interior design is depressing.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not paying for an interior until there's some reason to go there regularly. No, 5 minutes a day for the Alien Artifact Console doohickey doesn't count.

After that? Sure. I'll pony up.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm not paying for an interior until there's some reason to go there regularly. No, 5 minutes a day for the Alien Artifact Console doohickey doesn't count.

After that? Sure. I'll pony up.

I presume you've actually read the proposal that was written, which explicitly mentioned this?
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think there's a lot of room for creativity there yes. How much of it can become reality I don't know. A fully functional ship interior sounds great, but I have my doubts it could happen. Which isn't to say I wouldn't enjoy it, merely that I have my doubts it will ever come to pass.

But an "on board ship daily" of some kind seems quite possible. And it would be neat. There are dozens of things that have happened on Star Trek that boil down to "person comes on board ship, things happen". I could see a lot of them being incorporated into a semi-random daily, akin to the exploration cluster missions but just on board your ship. They could add a console in the captain's quarters to start it. Something like that.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom