test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Faith Lost..

2»

Comments

• weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And yet, if everyone took your advice there'd be no ships for you to buy on the exchange.

Whilst I agree that it's folly to spend your Dilithium/Zen on opening lockboxes, posts such as yours really irk me - you're basically calling the OP a fool yet at the same time taking advantage of people's compulsions to benefit yourself - there's something particularly ugly about that. Well done. :rolleyes:
    heavensrun wrote: »
    You have just failed economics. If everyone took his advice of saving up lobi to buy lobi ships to sell to buy lockbox ships, they'd be opening lockboxes, and thus there would be proportionately more lockbox ships on the market to get. So you'd have more people buying them, but you'd also have more people getting them and, thus, selling them.

And you've just failed basic English - his point was that 'smart' people buy keys and sell them for EC to buy the ships off the Exchange. He never mentioned Lobi and neither did I.

And once again, if everyone followed his advice a) there'd be a lot of keys for sale with nobody buying them and b) you wouldn't see any Lobi ships on the Exchange either because y'know - you have to use keys to get Lobi :rolleyes:

People that buy this stuff for EC are always quick to point out how dumb the people opening lockboxes are - there's a term for that: 'biting the hand that feeds you'.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • mustangpoweredmustangpowered Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    You got bug ships from the boxes? I wasted so much money looking for one...... :(

I wish they would a special section in the store for the "special ships" which we can buy directly and get rid of the gambling aspect of the game or reduce the price by at least 50% for the keys.

The Bugs came from the duty officers pack run.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You got bug ships from the boxes? I wasted so much money looking for one...... :(

I wish they would a special section in the store for the "special ships" which we can buy directly and get rid of the gambling aspect of the game or reduce the price by at least 50% for the keys.

At the moment a Bug would cost you $225.00 or 22500 Zen (=200 Master Keys selling for 1,500,000 EC each or 300,000,000 EC) - if you wait for a Key sale (and then sell them afterwards) then potentially you might get it for less.

There's other ways of getting that kind of coin together though - doing Foundry stuff like Battleship Royal Rumble still nets a lot of loot and farming Contraband KDF-side can be very lucrative (250 Contraband sells for around 12,500,000 EC if I remember correctly). Patience is a virtue here :)

And anyone wanting a Bug is best off waiting until they've reappeared in-game - either in lockboxes or Doff packs - once there's a few more in the system, the price will drop a little (for a while).

I'm curious to see if the Kumari impacts the price of the Jem'hadar Attack Ship actually - whilst the bug is still the better ship, the Kumari does have those 5 front-facing weapons - I suspect a lot of players will consider that 'better' or perhaps 'good enough'.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013

If the keys were 100 zen rather than 125, I think they would sell better.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All Faith Lost..

Faith is an appropriate word for assuming you're going to be rewarded simply due to thinking you should be rewarded.

I've never counted how many boxes I've opened. I have opened a lot of them. If I could make an army out of Doffs, I'd be in charge of half the galaxy by now. I've also never had a day without a rich mining claim since the boxes went live. I suppose if I had waited to spend the Zen I gained from all the dilithium, I'd be up to my ears in C-Store ships by now.

But I found the consolation prizes in this Dominion box to be far more practical for my gameplay than some ship would be, being bound to character that I then couldn't delete no matter how tired out the concept is without losing the ship and all...

Word to that.
    <3
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Isn't it interesting what people spend their money on?
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Bugs came from the duty officers pack run.

I purchased about $70 dollars worth of DOFF packs - no ships... I suck.... :(

I think so as well. The extra 25 is like a slap in the face. Then for the 10 pack there is not even a discount! Go figure....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think so as well. The extra 25 is like a slap in the face. Then for the 10 pack there is not even a discount! Go figure....

Um... yes there is...

125 x 10 =1250.

10 pack = 1125. You save 125 zen. 10 for the price of 9 :P
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Um... yes there is...

125 x 10 =1250.

10 pack = 1125. You save 125 zen. 10 for the price of 9 :P

Hmmm... I need to stop visiting the store after 12 - 15 hours of play. :( I could swear last time I looked it was 1250. Oh well.... Still not enough! :(
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Each box contains 4 lobi. Base your calculations on that.

They also contain some other stuff, sometimes including more lobi. That's all bonus crackerjack prizes; base your decisions on 4 lobi.

If it's not worth 4 lobi, buy something else.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

They also contain some other stuff, sometimes including more lobi. That's all bonus crackerjack prizes; base your decisions on 4 lobi.

This is how PWE get around the lockbox legal issue that says "the contents must be greater than the value of the key." By ensuring the only certain content is a currency THEY dictate the value of, they can say any TRIBBLE they put in a box is greater than the value of the key.

Problem is any intelligent person who has worked out exactly how much a lobi crystal is worth in real money knows how absurd the prices in the lobi store are. 60+ Euros ($75) for a Tachyokinetic Console, 230 Euros ($300) for a Temporal Destoyer?

Interesting definition of Micro Transaction these PWE guys have.

Edit: no GBP sign. These prices are based on current Euro -> Zen -> Key -> 4 Lobi prices.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

At 4 Lobi a Lobi store ship costs 22500 Zen....that's a very very VERY steep price for one single ship you can only use on one character.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • djwashudjwashu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seriously, the house always wins. What do you expect when you gamble?
    You'd be better off with blackjack. Better odds, and you have a better chance of walking away with enough cash to pump into zen to get the ship you want.
  • smallaxe33smallaxe33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So you willingly undertook an endeavor with little chance of success and failed? This is shocking news...SHOCKING!