test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 5 Ships

wippetgoodwippetgood Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Got to Vice Admiral this evening and was surprised to find I needed to shell out $25 for a new ship. Sorry Perfect World. I don't mind dropping a few bucks every now and then but I have neither the time to grind enough Dilithium nor do I wish to waste $25 on an in game item. Just not worth it. You have lost a customer.
Post edited by wippetgood on

Comments

• Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The ship you got at Rear Admiral is just as good, and in some cases better that the standard VA ships. You don't need to spend a cent to take STO as far as you can go, at least in PvE.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been rocking my RA ship for about a year solid now. It gets the job done more than adequately for PvE. I might be able to take it into PvP if I knew the first thing about piloting in that situation, but I don't.

C-Store ships are hardly "required", nore are they really that expensive in the grand scheme of things. I've had enough z-points throughout my "career" to buy half the ships off the store, but I keep spending them on respecs. I don't even do that much grinding. Surely you could set aside some time for about a week to get the dilithium/zen you need.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bon voyage!

*Wonders what exactly PWE lost.*
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They're not forcing you to buy anything, some of those ships are claimable with the token from quin.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mondoid wrote: »
    They're not forcing you to buy anything, some of those ships are claimable with the token from quin.

If you don't have the requisite Veteran Reward, as of Season 5 you don't get a free ship at VA, not even the Defiant, Intrepid, or Galaxy Retrofits.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wippetgood wrote: »
    Got to Vice Admiral this evening and was surprised to find I needed to shell out $25 for a new ship. Sorry Perfect World. I don't mind dropping a few bucks every now and then but I have neither the time to grind enough Dilithium nor do I wish to waste $25 on an in game item. Just not worth it. You have lost a customer.

When the game launched, the end of the levelling cycle was rear admiral. So those RA ships were end-game ships. Vice Admiral was added later. And they never added any actual VA ships. For awhile they added the three retrofit ships and everyone who was VA rank got a free one-time purchase token to get the Galaxy, Intrepid or Defiant Retrofit. They then ramped up the C-Store selling of ships.

Then the game went Free to Play and Perfect World got involved. And the Tier 5.5 stuff began. And then starbases and Fleets.

I can see how if you're not aware of the history, it seems like you DING Vice Admiral and are like "I have to buy my ship now?"

But the game didn't really get made that way. The Rear Admiral tier of ships was the end of the line. Everything else was just added on later, and all of it was designed to be purchased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited February 2013
    wippetgood wrote: »

You don't have to buy any 25$ ship.Go and search on exchange "Mirror ship "

It seems strange but some mirror ships are better than original payed ships

For example I have a mirror raptor which is very good in PVE and acceptable in PVP
    (I am writing these before I kumari release ,it is possible that my ship will be obsolete after kumari age starts)
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can I haz ur stuffs? :D

EDIT: I'll make sure to pass along your feedback, but as "I quit" threads are not allowed because they always turn into flame threads where the poster gets trolled, I unfortunately have to close this one down. Remember, now that the game is free-to-play, feel free to stop back anytime. We hope to see you again soon! ~BranFlakes
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Both RA and VA ships are tier 5 ships. There is no need to get a new ship at VA.

EDIT: I'll make sure to pass along your feedback, but as "I quit" threads are not allowed because they always turn into flame threads where the poster gets trolled, I unfortunately have to close this one down. Remember, now that the game is free-to-play, feel free to stop back anytime. We hope to see you again soon! ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.