test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Obtaining Mk XII Space Weapons

bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Academy
Hello!

I've been playing for about a year now, and I've finally been getting around to setting up a full Mk XII setup. One thing I noticed is that I have never been able to find any purple Mk XII weapons (regular ones, not ye olde Borg STFs or fleet versions) either as drops or whatever outside of the exchange. I was wondering, how do people obtain these regular Mk XII weapons?

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bermanator on

Comments

• reddwarf86reddwarf86 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just put up two purple Mk XII Beam Arrays, one Tetryon, one Polaron, on the exchange yesterday, and they both dropped randomly from an Elite STF. It was luck, as you also get a chance to get a blue or purple drop in addition to the Neural Processors, Omega Marks, and the Dilithium Ore.

The Purple Mk XII weapons can also drop from Space Fleet Actions, such as Starbase 24, Klingon Scout Force, etc, if you get 1st (potentially 2nd) place. What you get is random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carardrhas25carardrhas25 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not to forget the MkII weapons from the lockboxes.

e.g. Phased Polaron Weapons from the actual Dominion Boxes, Polarized Disruptor from the former Temporal Boxes and so on.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2013

e.g. Phased Polaron Weapons from the actual Dominion Boxes, Polarized Disruptor from the former Temporal Boxes and so on.

I don't believe those are purple though, which is what the OP was referring to. As I don't open many lockboxes, I could be wrong though.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you're in a fleet another option would be advanced fleet weapons.

They aren't cheap (20k fleet credits and 10k dilithium) but they are some of the most powerful weapons in the game, and every energy type and weapon type is up for grabs. They are my go to for end game weaponry and it leaves me more EC for consoles.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    I don't believe those are purple though, which is what the OP was referring to. As I don't open many lockboxes, I could be wrong though.

Yes you are wrong. They are purple Mk XI and Mk XII for Vice Admirals.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    MK XII drops in STFs.
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You can get XII consoles by finishing "Children's Toys" Doff mission.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As others have said, you can get Mk XII weapons from STFs, Fleet Actions, Fleet stores, and Lockboxes. You can also get them from the Rep system, both Borg and Romulan. Tiers 4-5 have projects for unlocking different VR Mk XII store items, IIRC. Both are Plasma weapons, but the Romulan weapons are hybrids with both a burn and Disruptor resistance debuff proc.

Coupaholic is right about the Advanced Fleet Store. Those are very nice, if expensive, weapons. The Elite Fleet Stores are even better, but you're locked into Phaser/Disruptors (Fed/KDF) energy types.
    tangolight wrote: »

Yes you are wrong. They are purple Mk XI and Mk XII for Vice Admirals.
    A note about the Hybrid weapons (from Lockboxes and Romulan Rep stores): There are ones that are colored purple, and categorized as Very Rare, but they only have two tags (such as [Acc], [CrtD], [CrtH], [Dmg]), instead of the normal three for VR quality. I believe this is because the hybrid weapon proc is considered the third "feature".

So a purple Mk XII Polarized Disruptor might only have [Acc] x2, but it has a bonus Polaron proc instead of a third tag in addition to it's innate proc for being a Disruptor (the actual energy type it is, and that can be buffed with consoles).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.