test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge Invitations

goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Academy
Is there something wrong with this? I tried it today and couldn't get it to work.

I was in a team with a friend. I used the visit starship bridge option and was pleasantly surprised to see the away team interface with both of us on it. We both accepted and we each went to our own bridge... not the same bridge.

We tried variations on that same thing but it was always the same result although one time we ended up on each other's bridge. That was weird - I and my boff's were on her bridge and she and hers were on mine.

I tried the bridge invitation button from inside the ship but couldn't get it to work.

Is it broken or am I doing it wrong?
Post edited by goldenavariel on

Comments

• Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You must first go to your bridge, then invite your friend from there.

If you both start from the same map, with no one already on your bridge, the instance doesn't exist yet, so when you and your friend try to go to your bridge at the same time, it creates a copy for each of you.

Also note that you cannot accept a bridge invite if you are in a place that you couldn't normally go to your bridge from. ie: Already on somebody's bridge. So make sure your friend isn't already on a bridge (any bridge), or some place else that doesn't allow beaming to the bridge, like a fleet starbase, in combat, or other places.
  • Options
    goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm... so she should have declined the away team offer and stayed in space until I was on my bridge then the invite option would have worked? That or break up the team and do the same thing.

Ok, we'll try that next time. Thanks.
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm... so she should have declined the away team offer and stayed in space until I was on my bridge then the invite option would have worked? That or break up the team and do the same thing.

Ok, we'll try that next time. Thanks.

Yes, doing either of those would have worked.