test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Defeating the IRW Intrakhu

vactuskasunvactuskasun Member Posts: 35 Arc User
For the mission Taris. I'm level 32, rocking my Defiant. DHC x4 / Turretsx2. I haven't had a problem running through missions or Cruisers/battlecruisers at all until I hit this quest. I've tried hit and run tactics, but if I get within 5k of him, it'll just tractor beam, viral matrix, and pummel me with heavy plasma torps. Death within seconds of getting near it.

Lowest I can get it is 34%, after that I just can't keep myself up while also ensuring his shields stay down so I can land a hit.

No, I don't have a fleet to ask for help.

Edit: Either I'm really terrible and wasted the last hour of my life, or it really is just that difficult.
Post edited by vactuskasun on

Comments

• Options
    searchmansearchman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be happy to assist you in completing your mission. I will be logged into STO in roughly 2 and a half hours (~8:00 est). Send a pm/mail to @searchman. No repayment required at all.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Try using Cannon Scatter Volley to knock down some of the plasma torps, and equip some torps of your own. Quantums and High Yield III will take a nice bite out of anything.

Also when figting Romulans, Borg, Undine or anyone else who likes to set you on fire with Plasma, a science officer with Hazard Emitters is a must-have.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Rule #1 of dealing with D'deridex-class warbirds: don't get within 5 km.

Rule #2: Don't remain in the forward targeting arc of a D'deridex Warbird. (Its Hyper-plasma torpedo launcher and Viral Matrix are both fired in its forward arc)

To destroy a D'deridex, use as many damage buffs together as possible (an "alpha strike"). Attack Pattern Omega will prevent tractor beams from grabbing hold of you, as well as boosting your damage and turn rate (for another pass, if you overshot the warbird). Attack Patterns Beta and Delta will cause Damage Resistance debuffs on the warbird, allowing you to deal additional damage.

Engineering Team clears Viral matrix and heals your hull. Hazard Emitters gives you a good heal over time and clears plasma fires. Polarize Hull and Brace for Impact will drastically increase your hull's resistance to damage, and the former also negates any tractor beams. Emergency Power to Shields and Transfer Shield Strength harden your shields, making it harder for anything to wear them down (and thus get at your hull). Tactical Team causes a short cooldown on Engineering Team, but automatically redistributes your shields at an astonishing rate for the 10 seconds it's up, making it hard for anything to get at your hull so long as you have any shields on any facing.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Attack Pattern Omega or Polarize Hull to get out of the Tractor Beams or just stay outside the 5km range, Scatter Volley or Torpedo Spread for the torpedoes, Engineering Team and human BOFFs for the Viral Matrix. They're tricky at first, but once you get their patterns down, the D'deridex is actually one of the wimpier 'big ships' in the game because it doesn't really have anything other than its gimmicks.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I guess I just suck then. That class of ship hasn't given me a problem before. Hell there is even one on that map that is an optional kill before the big fight starts and it's a cake walk.

This guy is just different. Found a way to stay out of the 5k range for the tractor beam, but it isn't easy. He just loves to kill my weapons and my engine power at the same time. /grumble.

@searchman, I'll try to hit you up this evening. Logged off for now, but I should be back on around 10pm EST.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you like some help i can take it out easy enough.My tac can rip threw it's shields like crazy.:D
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    searchmansearchman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Parked in front of the Iconia system, when you are ready.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks a lot man. Sorry it took me a bit to get online. Was talking a friend into downloading STO :-D and he wanted to see what it looked like from my perspective.