test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Combat Targeting

combatjunkiecombatjunkie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Academy
I seem to be doing pretty well with targeting in space combat, but I do have one issue.

I have my options set so that as soon as I kill one target, I hit Fire All Beams and the next target is selected automatically as long as it is in range. But this doesn't always work. I'd say about one out of five times I have to manually select a target. This is especially apparent when I'm taking on a wing of fighters.

If there is a 'Space Combat Targeting Primer', feel free to link me to it!
:D
Post edited by combatjunkie on

Comments

• combatjunkiecombatjunkie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *bump*

Anyone?
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just hit my bind for Target Nearest Enemy when in combat or click target as needed. Don't use tab or auto selection.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been tampering with this also, and it seems to me that the game lacks a "Target Next Closest Enemy" function/keybind, correct me if I'm wrong.

What we have is "Target Next Enemy" that lets you cycle through targets, defaults to Tab. But this will target any enemy seemingly at random and not necessarily within range.

And then we have the option to set a keybind for "Target Closest Enemy" that will do just that and nothing more, would be cool if this would let you also cycle to next enemy that's close.
    signwidrona.png
    edited February 2013
    Thanks all. I'll play around with keybinds. I was using tab, and it barely works.

Yeah, a Target Next Closest Enemy seems like a very basic function for space combat. Surprised it got left out.
    edited February 2013
    I bound Scroll Up and it works much better than Tab. Still not perfect, but great for selecting those pesky fighters!