test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multinational Fleet / Practice Foreign Languages

hakanodatehakanodate Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Greetings-

Esquadrao da Morte is a new (founded 1/3/2013) fleet looking for members.

At this time, the fleet consists of 2 Romanians and 4 Americans who got to know each other from another (defunct) fleet that was much larger and had members from all around the globe. One of our Romanian members learned English largely through online gaming, and one of our American members (me) would like to get regular practice in French and German. The purpose of this fleet is to get together with people of different cultures and languages, have fun, and incidentally to learn.

We welcome non-English speakers who would like to learn English.

We welcome English speakers who would like to practice other languages.

We welcome people who are not especially interested in practicing other languages at all.

We welcome Germans who would like to practice French, Spanish-speakers who would like to learn Swedish, etc. Opportunities to learn other languages depend entirely on who joins and what language they speak and their willingness to work with others who are learning their language.

Fundamentally, however, this is a game and we're here to have fun. If you don't feel like practicing a language that is foreign to you, you don't have to.

If you join our fleet, we strongly recommend using TS- as the need arises we intend to build subchannels for various languages.

Our base is very nearly tier 2- we're a small group but would like to grow. Please either search for us by fleet name in game and send a message to one of us if we're online, or send me a message via the forum if you are interested in joining!
Post edited by hakanodate on

Comments

• sugi2ksscsugi2kssc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was thinking about how great it would be to use MMORPGs as a language learning tool only to learn my idea is not so novel. Your fleet sounds great and I would like to know what your experience has been with regard to practicing different languages in a game setting.

If you know of anything else related to learning languages in a game setting I would love to hear it.

My user name in game is sugi2k currently I play with the fleet "starfleet strategic command" which is great bunch of guys.

Thanks,
    Takeo Sugihara