test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Petition to cryptic/pwe to scrap the Dilithium cap of 8000 a day.please support this.

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
To the Devs.
We the undersigned think that the current dilithium cap of 8000 a day is both unfair and unjust. We ask you to review and reconsider this very unfair rule.
We also ask that the rule of one mining claim per day be scrapped,and that we be allowed to use these claims all at once if we wish to do so.
Devs please consider these unfair rules,and have them scrapped.
More fun and less restrictions will add interest to this game from those already here and possibly new players too.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would be nice, but doubt they will raise the cap.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ./ Signed!

Although I do doubt they'll do it. Would be nice to have like 16k a day.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if we are "allowed" to make petition threads, but I'll sign. Atleast I agree on the Dilithium cap needs to be raised a bit.

And also to pitch in an idea here: It would be cool and possible beneficial to everyone in the long run if you were to add random, rare, Mining Claims as rewards for some mission/task.
    signwidrona.png
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a person who purchased the Vesta pack solely on Dilithium trade for Zen over the course of about three weeks...

...I do not support this one bit.

I don't support it because it would rapidly destabilize the dilithium economy.

I don't support it because it reduces one of Cryptic's lucrative income streams: purchases of Zen traded for dilithium to accelerate gear acquisition.

I don't support it because the most likely outcome is that anything requiring gear would likely have massively inflated dilithium costs to acquire. Think of it like this, if Cryptic doubles the refining cap, they'd probably double the cost of all gear and projects that require dilithium to keep the whole economy running on schedule.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • warbird001warbird001 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
  • zenstratazenstrata Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Being on the other side of the fence, I believe the caps are a good thing. It forces players who want more dilithium to find other ways of getting it. Currently that means the Zen Store and putting money into cryptic to help fund the game.

It also gives players who want zen for items to have a method of obtaining it without having to put money into the game.

Basically players are trading time for money - Cryptic gets some income and everyone has access to dilithium or zen no matter what their real-life economic situation.

This is a Good thing. And no one is forced to do it, everyone can easily just wait a bit and convert dilithium at the 8k cap per day and eventually get whatever they want. But if you are impatient, and want it now, there is a pay option available to you.

I say keep it the way it is.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a person who purchased the Vesta pack solely on Dilithium trade for Zen over the course of about three weeks...

I don't support it because it reduces one of Cryptic's lucrative income streams: purchases of Zen traded for dilithium to accelerate gear acquisition.

I don't support it because the most likely outcome is that anything requiring gear would likely have massively inflated dilithium costs to acquire. Think of it like this, if Cryptic doubles the refining cap, they'd probably double the cost of all gear and projects that require dilithium to keep the whole economy running on schedule.

Ok thats fair comment. How about the mining claims then? we are only allowed 1 per day,and i know there are many who have a stack of these.
  • captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    against i veto this bill
    edited February 2013
    against i veto this bill

You are entitled to your opinion and i respect that. My answer though,is you are out of touch with wanting to add more fun to this game,for those of us that have less money to spend on it.
  • chaytelsolverrechaytelsolverre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The 8K cap is not unfair, nor is it unjust. Please explain your reasoning and how, logically, you arrived at this conclusion.

Until then, no. I am vehemently against this. It would be disastrous to the game's economy and to its profit margin.
    edited February 2013
    The 8K cap is not unfair, nor is it unjust. Please explain your reasoning and how, logically, you arrived at this conclusion.

Until then, no. I am vehemently against this. It would be disastrous to the game's economy and to its profit margin.

The game needs to be balanced between fun and profit,and so far,its in favour of the ferengi. profit over fun.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am against a lifting of the dilithium cap. It would definitely destabilize the economy in a way that no one wants. The cap is a necessary evil to make sure things are kept in check.

While I don't agree with the removal of the mining claim being a daily and just using them all at once, I am however FOR these things to be account bound rather than character bound, so we can hand these to our alts as well. To those whining about it being an exploit, we're going to claim all of that dilithium at one point anyway. Why not a little sooner across our alts? After all, these lockboxes reward us with diddly-squat most of the time... :rolleyes:
    edited February 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    I am against a lifting of the dilithium cap. It would definitely destabilize the economy in a way that no one wants. The cap is a necessary evil to make sure things are kept in check.

While I don't agree with the removal of the mining claim being a daily and just using them all at once, I am however FOR these things to be account bound rather than character bound, so we can hand these to our alts as well. To those whining about it being an exploit, we're going to claim all of that dilithium at one point anyway. Why not a little sooner across our alts? After all, these lockboxes reward us with diddly-squat most of the time... :rolleyes:

A very good point regards the lockboxes.
  • luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

+1

If you hit your daily cap to often you really need more chars or more games :-P
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [In a blur he unholsters the [Petition Control Dual Pistols of Epicosity Mk XIV], and shoots numerous bolts devastating the thread!] :cool:
    Petition threads are not allowed and thus, this thread had to be put down. :o
    Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread without a petition to discuss the topic! :)
    Cheers,
    Tobar26th
This discussion has been closed.