test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

B'Rel retrofit

2»

Comments

• cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dispersal beta 3 drops 4 of them. Each mine can potentially do 100k damage or more if it crits (and they crit often with a good brel build).

Your torps clean the shields and hurt target. Mines seal the deal.
  • avaultpressavaultpress Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Aha, see, I did not know that. I thought that the mine BOFF skills worked better with mine types that dropped more mines. So, I figured the tricobalt would be a no-go.

Just out of curiosity, why not put 2 tricobalt mines on the rear? Why the Hargh'peng aft?
  • espiritasespiritas Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My personal tastes actually lead away from mines, just because there are so many AOE's out there they get destroyed before getting a chance to even become active.

My loadout;

tac1, spread2, spread3, beta 3
    sci1, tss2, grav well
    eng1, auxsif1
    polhull1, haz2

... I think I got that all right... I'm working from memory at the moment.

*anyways*

my front weapons vay depending on the situation. I have four quants, four plas, four chrons, and three trannies with the breen cluster. In the back I run a har'peng and bio neural. And of course enhanced with three puple torp officers so I can fire with impunity. I hav the peng and neural on the aft because they have a long cooldown and get used less often because of it. this way I can whip around with that fantastic turn rate, let them fly, then come about and right back to launching a torp evry second.

The first two bridge officer slots i swap out as well depending on the need. usually it's just a trade to have well 3 to replace beta 3. or go get in a tykens or a particle/photonic combo going. Or of course a scramble sensors to be a nuiscance. ^_^

I'm also looking to get my hands on the reman and omega plasma torps to compare their performances. (four each of course... ugh SO much grinding!)

With that I run the full KHG mk xii for the torp boosts, and of course the appropriate set of torp consoles for whatever type I'm using at the time.

I precharge spread 3 and 2, wait until the last five seconds, fire them off, then activate and launch another torp 3 under full tac toon buffs. it spreads out some lovely spikes of damage. The rest is team support and enemy harassment.

We are many. We are legion. We are the proud, the bad, the infinitely expendable.
    We! Are RED SHIRTS!
    ...Tremble in thy footwear.
  • ghostivanghostivan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you can only use 1 omega torpedo and 1 romulan hyper torpedo per ship
  • espiritasespiritas Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm... I don't recall reading that limitation on the weapon description (I have one of the reman torps now YAY!) and I have seen some people put out rather huge volleys of it.

Thanks for the heads up I'll take a second look at that before i go placing another requisition for them. the grind is long enough to end up wasting the time spent.

If that's the case I'll probably run one of each just for the ****s and giggles and supplement with a pair of regular plasmas. As it is the single torp does get that doff proc fairly regularly. i can usually fire it twice in a row. On rare occasion three.

In the meantime on initial testing I'm liking the 'heavy bomber' conversion. the rommy torps combine very well with torp spread- launching two high yields at three targets with spread 2 and four targets with spread 3. I especially love that the exess torps still redirect to new targets if it is destroyed while they are en route. so one volley has the odd chance of sending the full eight torps at a single target if the rest were against light spam that pops en route.

hehehehehehehehe *Evil glee*

Ok I have confirmed that you can only have one of each torp (the rommy and omega). Also I have found that the omega torp, at least with my build, is a bit un necessary as it's selling feture is the clip-based reserve. Though it would certainly be an excellent addition to other ships or builds that will only be running a single torpedo tube, as you can still do a relatively decent burst of fire allowing for combo torp upgraded attacks without cutting into your available energy weapons.

We are many. We are legion. We are the proud, the bad, the infinitely expendable.
    We! Are RED SHIRTS!
    ...Tremble in thy footwear.
  • scytekscytek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dispersal beta 3 drops 4 of them. Each mine can potentially do 100k damage or more if it crits (and they crit often with a good brel build).

Your torps clean the shields and hurt target. Mines seal the deal.

Dear Cmdrskyfaller,

regarding to LoR and the several new patches I would like to start over with my B'Rel again. Does anything changed in your past weapon and BOFF layout or are you stil using the same layout for PvE?

Mine looks like this so far (only pve)

Fore:
    Plasma (I'm still waiting for the rep to get hyper plasma)
    Plasma
    Breen cluster
    Bioneural

Aft:
    Trico mine and breen cluster

2x KHG Set and Borg Deflector
    3x Torpedo DOFF

Consoles Tac
    3x Warhead Yield Chamber

Consoles Sci
    Borg
    Aceton
    Zero Point

Consoles Eng
    3x Neutronium Alloy

and for the BOFF layout:

HY1, HY2, Omega1, DP
    TacTeam, Beta, Omega
    HE, TBR
    EptE, aux2damp

sooooooo...what do you think? I appreciate your opinion cmdrskyfaller :)
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I run a transphasic boat with my B'rel, clicky.

Buffed up those transphasic cluster torps can crit for over 100k in total, most of that going through shields.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
    edited June 2013
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    I run a transphasic boat with my B'rel, clicky.

Buffed up those transphasic cluster torps can crit for over 100k in total, most of that going through shields.

No transphasic for me. I do not see any advantage of a single transph. boat. But thanks for the effort.
    edited June 2013
    I really would like to see cmdrskyfallers opinion on this :)
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited June 2013
    I'd suggest replacing your plasma (the one you intended to keep) with a Hargh'Peng.

Also, you do know that stacking armors has a diminishing return, right? And, the higher your passive resistances are, the less effective the armors are.

With, I think, a MK XI blue armor, I got about 12% from a Neutronium Alloy, and about 8% increase with the second.

Not really worth it to stack that. If you wanted high resistance, I'd suggest getting more specific armors and covering your gaps. That may end up giving you a bigger return on your console layouts.

Rather than getting Neutroniums, go for Diburnium, Electroceramic, and Parametallic plating (mk XII purples give you 40 resistance, twice the amount you'd get from Neutroniums). The only down side to this, is that there's no kinetic resistance.

You could also go with Alblative and Tetraburnium (26.2 resistance at mk XI with extra plasma and tetryon resistance overlap) for energy resistance, and then get the Monotanium Alloy for kinetic resistance.

On my B'rel, I only use one Neutronium and it works fine for me. I don't die often. The rest of my Engineering consoles are universal consoles.