What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Full turret build?

2»

Comments

• mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Its not elitist, just making efficient use of my gameplay time, I will do foundry or kerrat instead. I use 4 Adv BOP on my Voquv also so I know they do good DPS, but that is only part of the ships DPS, a huge part of it comes from the ships weapons too, those BOP need shields beaten down fast for their torps to be most effective. I do this by using DHC on my Voquv, giving my ship enough DPS with its own weapons to do other things too like guarding probes on its own just with weapon fire.

I'm not saying you have to use DHC on a Voquv as it is a skill only a few can master, but there is no excuse not to at least use beam array or 180 degree single cannons on it, or you need to learn how to pilot your ship and properly spec your character and use right gear.

It is a game, people should be able to play how they want. If you bail on someone in an STF because they are not playing the way you want them too is seems a bit odd to me but it is your right i guess.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    did it with an ambassador, fairly effective actualy.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Thank you for helping to explain this to these inexperienced players. The last thing this game needs is more people trolling the queues with full turret builds.

Well Said !!!
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tomorrow, if I remember, I'll post the build and and what I get from the parser from a SB234 run on normal.

But from what I remember Im using a fed engineer joined trill alt, with no rep stsyem bonuses, and at least 6 disruptor turrets and a fore and aft torpedo.

Crf1 with tt1 i remember and I thing grav well.....

Been a while since I looked.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    An all turret builds may not be optimum, though possible.
    However, since you have sub system targeting, I'd suggest adding a DBB to fore
    and a BA aft, that way, you can utilize subsystem targeting and possibly a BO.

A couple posts said something about 2x CRF/CSV, and 2xDEM,
    well, ideally, you'd want 2 copies of both of those.

oh, a nice option for hanger would be the runabouts with tractor beam.,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • istvaanshogaatsuistvaanshogaatsu Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kalecto wrote: »
    Why in STO are cannons only able to be fixed to the forward section of a ship?

It's ridiculous and should be changed to some degree. In fact I think the majority of ships should have at least one weapon slot in the port and starboard positions as well, some ships should have more. True broadside battles!

Man, do I ever agree. This could be a way to fix (some) cruisers, actually - they've always been portrayed as able to engage with broadsides and direct fire from all angles.
  • sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't see why all turret carrier build (maybe with Wide Quantum torpedo) wouldn't work.

You could go with phased tetryon turrets to help strip the shields and your hanger pets will finish them off.

The downside is that you have to be in close range to be useful.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i put together a full turret Atrox carrier just for the lulz it is fun to use.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neos472 wrote: »
    i put together a full turret Atrox carrier just for the lulz it is fun to use.

Heh. I did the same thing before I found out about the "range dropoff" with cannons and turrets. Once I learn that, it was pretty fun flying around and kill things. 360 attack rating is always constant hitting something.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.