test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No One in Chat?

thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Federation Discussion
For two days, I have not seen anyone in chat. No one responds to me nor anyone talking. Not sure if something up with my chat in local and zone or what. I checked my settings and I am set to see text, but nothing coming in.
Thoughts?
Thank you.
Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
Post edited by thehidden on

Comments

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You probably have hit a Privacy Setting bug. The server thinks your Privacy Settings are on. And the game client will show they are off. The one that is affecting your chat is the "Allow only friends an fleet to chat". You are basically Ignoring everyone not in your fleet or friends list.

To fix, go to privacy settings (Hit O -> Privacy button on bottom). Turn on all of the settings. Hit done. Then go back in and put the settings to how you want them to be.
  • thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They were all already off, so I turned them all on, saved, then back off, saved. Works now.

Thanks.
    Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This UI section needs to be fixed.

I interpreted it as saying I only want these people to talk TO me, not block me from seeing every single person in the universe (except oddly the Storp.org channel continued to work somewhat).

New player here and was unable to talk for 2 days.

Someone linked me here from my The Academy thread about this issue.
    ITPaladin.png
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what cryptic should do is not have the same chat system interlinked between all their games, it might reduce strain as seeing when i was playing neverwinter i was seeing redalert stuff.