test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disappearing Ships

rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
Hello fellow foundry users/authors.

I have a question, when I am test running my missions, when I engage the enemy ships, they often just fade out of existence, meaning i can't complete the kill objective. Anyone know why this is happening? I have the behaviour set to True Combat.
Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
Post edited by rmackie on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like to call this the "0,0,0 point bug". For unknown reasons, preview mode sometimes moves ships/ground chars to the 0,0,0 point on the map. It only seems to happen in preview though.

see: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=479121
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    so if i publish the mission the ships won't just magical vanish into thin air?

• Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It should be fine. There are a lot of inconsistencies between the live game and in-foundry test runs. Path finding, for example, is also much better live than in the foundry. On the other side, some things will work in the foundry and not on the live game. This is why it is important to do test publishing and running the mission that way.

I suggest giving it a non-title such as "Test X1" for such run with a request to not play it in the mission description. Just wait until you are ready to do the live test run to publish and take it back down right away. You can publish, take the mission, and then unpublish before playing as well. If your character already has the mission you can still play it even if it has been subsequently unpublished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the reply, I haven't done much in the foundry I am just starting to figure it out

• Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is good to know. I have a Foundry mission that I haven't republished since Season 7 due to the exact same problem happening to me when previewing it to make sure everything was still okay.

I think I'll go ahead and re-publish it then.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is it a Hirogen ship? Those constantly vanish in the games patrol missions as well.
    <3