test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MK XII Breen set - I'd buy that for a Lobi!

chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
We have a mark 12 Jem'Hadar set in the Lobi store, how about a Breen set upgrade?

I use the MK XI on my Wells Class that uses Transphasics, it would be nice to up it to mark 12.
Chewson Pwan - VA
S.S. Doff Lundgren
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by chivalrybean on

Comments

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I love the Breen set. It's always the first full set I use on my ships and it always lasts me until I upgrade to a 'proper' end game set, and even then I'll save it until I get another ship so I can use it again. I can certainly support a MKXII version.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree that the Breen set would be nice in XII
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Keep in mind that you'd be looking at ~150 Lobi for the same type of boost that the Jem set got...

...which means you'd still likely be better off with another set or even Mk XII exchange pieces.

Still though, I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll do that with the Breen set when they do the Breen box.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited February 2013
    Please don't give them ideas. Stuff like that should be in the cstore and not the Lobi store.
  • Options
    hank900hank900 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To Late!!!
    http://www.1279sto.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've never given the Breen set a proper chance. I've been using the Borg stuff pretty much constantly, even when I had transphasic torpedoes. To make it fit in with end-game stuff, though, it'd need to do more than reduce polaron damage.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Jem set works a bit since it has a 10% reduction to all energy damage. The STF sets work because most of the end game content is Borg and borg do Plasma damage, which the sets resist. For the Breen set to work, it would either need a resist bonus that works with the existing end game bad guys, or the devs would need to create a new set of end game bad guys that use polaron weapons and have that content be on par with the Borg or Romulan end game stuff.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Please don't give them ideas. Stuff like that should be in the cstore and not the Lobi store.

Should be a Crafting upgrade for sets you get from missions. To keep it all 'in-game'.
    (yeah, I know the Jem'hadar set has already broken that idea.)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Keep in mind that you'd be looking at ~150 Lobi for the same type of boost that the Jem set got...

...which means you'd still likely be better off with another set or even Mk XII exchange pieces.

Still though, I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll do that with the Breen set when they do the Breen box.

Well, I see your argument, but I like flying my ship with the Breen set, and don't want a MACO or Omega set on it. The powers it has all contribute towards the build. Plus there is plenty non-Borg to shoot at, fleet alerts, tholians, etc.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Should be a Crafting upgrade for sets you get from missions. To keep it all 'in-game'.
    (yeah, I know the Jem'hadar set has already broken that idea.)

Well, I'd not argue with that, but I'd settle for Lobi.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    The Jem set works a bit since it has a 10% reduction to all energy damage. The STF sets work because most of the end game content is Borg and borg do Plasma damage, which the sets resist. For the Breen set to work, it would either need a resist bonus that works with the existing end game bad guys, or the devs would need to create a new set of end game bad guys that use polaron weapons and have that content be on par with the Borg or Romulan end game stuff.

I use it for it's bonuses, not it's resistances, but something in addition to polaron would be fine with me.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was shocked this did not hit during Christmas..
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was shocked this did not hit during Christmas..

What's more shocking is that the Breen ship didn't get some kind of synergy bonus with the set (ala the Jammie set on the Bug/Jammie HEC/Jammie Dread
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They should add a breen weapon/console kit separate from the breen shield/engine/deflector.

Transphasic passive bonus console, enhanced transphasic torpedo, transphasic device (active)

Passive bonus console:
    +15% transphasic torpedo damage

Enhanced Transphasic torpedo:
    80% shield penetration damage.

Transphasic Device (Active):
    Turns the next transphasic high yield attack into a heavy transphasic torpedo of 100% shield penetration.
    Triggers -8 second torpedo refire timer when firing a transphasic torpedo spread.
    Prevents shield balancing ability for 5 seconds when used with Nadeon Detonator.
    Timer to re-use: 1 minute
    Note: only one of the above abilities takes place per activation.
    Does not reset High Yield/Spread/Nadeon console global timers.

Set bonuses:

2-piece: Doubles the Breen 2-piece set bonus.
    3-piece: Adds 15% shield resists to all energy damage to breen shields.

Voila! The Breen set is now functional and properly themed. Effective yet not overpowering.