test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hatred against short toons!

mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
My character is a short guy. Every time I have to access a console I have to jump onto the console to activate it!! :(

I think Cryptic hates short people!!!

Please fix! :)

EDIT:
I am not THAT short!!! :)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z242/mrlee27_photo/Leegir_zpsff21e207.jpg
Post edited by mrlee9569 on

Comments

• tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Short people got no reason to live.

They got little hands, little eyes. They walk around tellin' great big lies.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's what they get for riding Spock like a horse.
    <3
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to laugh when people make tiny elfin characters then complain because everything is too big. Sorry no sympathy here for self inflicted injuries.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cryptic hates KDF toons, not short people.... with the exception of maybe short KDF toons.... are you on the KDF?
    edited February 2013
    There are no short KDF because they use them to pilot torpedoes.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't make a short character...problem solved! :P
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Not unless you're a midget, then you have those freakishly large hands and forehead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • pmadi32382pmadi32382 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @tsurutafan01 I wonder how many people got that reference
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pmadi32382 wrote: »
    @tsurutafan01 I wonder how many people got that reference

What... are people not familiar with Randy Newman or something? For shame..... :(
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2013

lol this :D ALL GO GORN OR GO HOME !
  • chookinchookin Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One quickfix to this that you can do yourself is to modify one of your tailor/costume slots so that your character is taller, then just rightclick your portrait and change to that tailoring set everytime you are too short to use a console.

However if you were trying to roleplay it could kill the mood suddenly becoming much taller...
    edited February 2013
    Meh, pretend your an alien with transmorphic powers, so when your just walking around your tiny but if you POed you turn into a hulking Badas..
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chookin wrote: »
    One quickfix to this that you can do yourself is to modify one of your tailor/costume slots so that your character is taller, then just rightclick your portrait and change to that tailoring set everytime you are too short to use a console.

However if you were trying to roleplay it could kill the mood suddenly becoming much taller...

Well that kinda defeats the whole "Play my way" type of syle now dosen't it!

I am a short alien and proud! It's not me that has the problem, it's these damn huge consoles!!!!
  • wimpomanwimpoman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    IMO it's not just the consoles that are too big, everything in this game is over scaled - parking your ship next to an asteroid mining base and the windows of the base are taller than my saucer section; the satellites our ships drop are bigger than the ship itself; a piece of debris floating in space must've come from a planet sized ship; and when on the bridge or a space station and you stand next to a wall, the lip around the base of the wall turns out to be almost as tall as the players (except in the case of you tiny toons that is). When I made my first character, I obviously hadn't been to a social zone yet, so when I made him the actual height I am IRL and then got around other players, I was something like three-quarters their size. STO is full of giants. :D
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wimpoman wrote: »
    IMO it's not just the consoles that are too big, everything in this game is over scaled - parking your ship next to an asteroid mining base and the windows of the base are taller than my saucer section; the satellites our ships drop are bigger than the ship itself; a piece of debris floating in space must've come from a planet sized ship; and when on the bridge or a space station and you stand next to a wall, the lip around the base of the wall turns out to be almost as tall as the players (except in the case of you tiny toons that is). When I made my first character, I obviously hadn't been to a social zone yet, so when I made him the actual height I am IRL and then got around other players, I was something like three-quarters their size. STO is full of giants. :D

AGREE!

Though not all giants are bad! :P
    http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z242/mrlee27_photo/Leegir_zpsff21e207.jpg
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wimpoman wrote: »
    When I made my first character, I obviously hadn't been to a social zone yet, so when I made him the actual height I am IRL and then got around other players, I was something like three-quarters their size. STO is full of giants. :D

If you really want to feel like a shrimp, do it on Qo'nos.
    <3
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    Well that kinda defeats the whole "Play my way" type of syle now dosen't it!

I am a short alien and proud! It's not me that has the problem, it's these damn huge consoles!!!!

Well if you were short or tall in RL it would be the same problem...only here you have a choice as which to be...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, obviously you need to jump on top of the console so you can READ its displays. :P

What you should be asking is for Cryptic to give you a booster box, or one of those little sets of stairs small children use to get to the drinking fountain. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]