test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To what extent does "Ignore Player" work?

sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Academy
I have a fair number of players in my ignore list. To what extent (besides not receiving any messages/tells/chat) does this work?

- Does it hide them or myself if we're in the same social map?
- Does it prevent them from being teamed with me in STFs and fleet actions?
- Does it hide them or myself from the search section in the social tab?
Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sumghai wrote: »
    I have a fair number of players in my ignore list. To what extent (besides not receiving any messages/tells/chat) does this work?

- Does it hide them or myself if we're in the same social map?
    - Does it prevent them from being teamed with me in STFs and fleet actions?
    - Does it hide them or myself from the search section in the social tab?

No
    No
    Not sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well, I suppose blocking actual communications should suffice, as it's not like they'll stalk my toon in game or pull a Dental on me with Party Poppers - they're mostly AFKers / griefers in space STFs.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It sounds like you make a lot of enemys. After the way you have acted in other threads, I bet your not very welcome in most places. Ignoring people shouldn't be a problem for you, im sure most who have encountered you, have already placed you on thiers! ;)
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lunasto wrote: »
    -snip-
    Nope.

Like I said, most were AFKers and griefers. Usually, the others in my team would announce they blocked them, and then I would follow suit. The others then usually send me friend requests afterwards for managing the run without the perps.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lunasto wrote: »
    It sounds like you make a lot of enemys. After the way you have acted in other threads, I bet your not very welcome in most places. Ignoring people shouldn't be a problem for you, im sure most who have encountered you, have already placed you on thiers! ;)

Meow .. Hiss! :D
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I have to say this, one feature I *really* miss is report post.
    As do I. Although moderation could be quite interesting indeed.
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Especially after the level you went to, in order to put down another as you trolled thier thread from start to finish. Attacking everyone who dared to post on it. I think its hypocritical for you (Sumghai) to create a thread like this.
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013

It can be useful sometimes. But most of the time it was a "This person isn't agreeing with me so I'll sic the mods on him!" button and got abused like the "Report spam" button does in Zone. I don't miss it.

Also, my Ignore list is looooooooong. But I use it pre-emptively to block players who I know will annoy (ex: "Herp! Obama's gunna take mah gunz! Derp!" or "Man. Deez Orion b****es be fine.") and not because I got into a fight with them.

Anyway, as far as I know, the only way to hide from people is to go invisible in the social tab, but that's an across the board effect and I know it's not what you're looking for. If they show up I say your best option is to change instances.
    <3
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    It can be useful sometimes. But most of the time it was a "This person isn't agreeing with me so I'll sic the mods on him!" button and got abused like the "Report spam" button does in Zone. I don't miss it.

Yeah, that's what happened on a forum I moderate. A member and his sockpuppet got into a spat with another member. Took some cross-referencing of stories to determine that the sockpuppeter was at fault.
    Also, my Ignore list is looooooooong. But I use it pre-emptively to block players who I know will annoy (ex: "Herp! Obama's gunna take mah gunz! Derp!" or "Man. Deez Orion b****es be fine.") and not because I got into a fight with them.

Yeah, it's not like AFKers can actually damage my ship, just makes the STFs a little more - shall we say - challenging?

I have only one person on my ignore list who was blocked due to *her* reputation on the forums - I was a bystander watching her fight with several others over her awkwardly-written foundry mission.
    Anyway, as far as I know, the only way to hide from people is to go invisible in the social tab, but that's an across the board effect and I know it's not what you're looking for. If they show up I say your best option is to change instances.

Nah, I'm cool :)