test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worth of a lock box

danedangerduvaldanedangerduval Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Academy
Ok so i got some of those lock boxes, i am not at a lvl to get masterkeys to open them so my question.

What is 1 lock box worth, how many can i ask per box at exange.

Greets from dane!
Post edited by danedangerduval on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You don't 'get' masterkeys, you buy them. Credit card works well for that, or about 125000 dilith (converted to zen thru the dilith exchange), or about 25 million EC for a key.

The box is worth... 10 ec TOPS.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lock boxes aren't worth anything except when they're long-discontinued (a Cardassian Box is more valuable than a Temporal one) or when they're brand new (a Dominion Box was worth 10-100k on release day). At any other time, they're nearly worthless because of their drop rate. (And the fact that 200 dil buys you a stack of 20 now instead of just one)
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    You don't 'get' masterkeys, you buy them. Credit card works well for that, or about 125000 dilith (converted to zen thru the dilith exchange), or about 25 million EC for a key.

The box is worth... 10 ec TOPS.

Either trolling, stupidity, or just plain misinformation. 125000 dilithium is 1388 zen, according to a conversion rate of 90 dil>1 Zen. And 25m for a key? If you've been paying that much, I've got a ton of keys to sell you.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tcostik wrote: »
    Either trolling, stupidity, or just plain misinformation. 125000 dilithium is 1388 zen, according to a conversion rate of 90 dil>1 Zen. And 25m for a key? If you've been paying that much, I've got a ton of keys to sell you.

Dern, BUSTED !

That was trolling- I had one too many zeros in my conversion. Also never bought or sold a key on the exchange, but last I looked a few weeks ago they went for near 25 mil ea.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Dern, BUSTED !

That was trolling- I had one too many zeros in my conversion. Also never bought or sold a key on the exchange, but last I looked a few weeks ago they went for near 25 mil ea.
    :D

Not even close a few weeks ago even. wasnt there a key sale going on then?
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They go for less than a tenth of that if you search under the right category rather than using the "All" setting.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't sell the box! But is it true that the more rare the Box, the more it costs - last night a Cardassian LB was about 15K EC. Also, last night a Master Key was 1.25 Million (which is extortionate IMO).

But I'm not afraid to spend real money for keys (don't get me wrong, I'm not a big spender on any MMO ... it's just code and nothing is needed).

I recommend you look at the Wiki page: http://www.stowiki.org/Lock_Box and start reading.

The value of the Box is really up to you. :)
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't sell the box! But is it true that the more rare the Box, the more it costs - last night a Cardassian LB was about 15K EC. Also, last night a Master Key was 1.25 Million (which is extortionate IMO).

But I'm not afraid to spend real money for keys (don't get me wrong, I'm not a big spender on any MMO ... it's just code and nothing is needed).

I recommend you look at the Wiki page: http://www.stowiki.org/Lock_Box and start reading.

The value of the Box is really up to you. :)

actually, the 1.25 mil for a key is fairly common, since the only way the seller can get them is via real money or dilithium grinding. when keys go on sale in the c-store its usually cheaper than that. but 1.25 is somewhat the 'standard' price o n the exchange for them.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What is 1 lock box worth, how many can i ask per box at exchange.

It is worth what someone will pay for it. Just like everything.;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.