What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Ambassador screenshot thread!!

2»

Comments

• corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    I hate it when SkyDrive does that. Couldda swore I had permissions on those set right.

My appologies for that. It should be corrected now.

The second picture is especially gorgeous... Well done! ;)
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...erprises22.jpg

It goes to mention, just *how* an Ambassador has less crew than an Excelsior??
    Higher automation. Think about how big a Galaxy is and why it only has 250 more crew than an Excelsior.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This picture demonstrates my stance about the Sovereign very well; It is very tiny and would not have the power output of the 2 ships next to it. The Galaxy should just be better in almost every way.

The Galaxy is bigger, but the Sovereign is more advanced.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lcdrmiller wrote: »
    So I took to space just outside ESD and rounded up as many of the Captains with Ambassadors as I could.

Here you go !
    screenshot_2013-01-31-18-15-19_zps28908113.jpg

Everyone post your epic Ambassador screens here!!

PS: I'm in the wells I will have the Ambassador tonight =)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

It's not epic unless it's HD :P

Nice work on this though (I'm assuming it's your work) it's a beautiful ship and a faithful model.
    edited February 2013
    The Galaxy is bigger, but the Sovereign is more advanced.
    Newer galaxies would not be constructed with older technology. There IS a Galaxy retrofit.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better when it comes to technology, but also I wouldn't really look at STO as a "realistic" portrayal of what these ships would really be like in-universe in 2409.

But personally I think the STO version of the soverign is far too small. It just doesn't look right. If you look at something like this: http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison/comparison_medium.png it looks heftier compared to the Galaxy there than it does in STO.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I guess I'll go ahead and post the screenshot of one of my character's Ambassador ships.

PrinceValum_zpsdb4fdc36.jpg
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
    edited February 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better when it comes to technology, but also I wouldn't really look at STO as a "realistic" portrayal of what these ships would really be like in-universe in 2409.
    Assuming equivalent technology (which is a valid assumption in the case of refitting and retrofitting), the thing with more space for more equipment and more power generation is more powerful.
    But personally I think the STO version of the soverign is far too small.
    It isn't. Length is only one dimension. You must also consider height and width. The Sovereign is *small*.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wow never noticed just how much less mass the sovereign had compared to the galaxy class
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Epic stuff going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sovereign in Star Trek is longer than the galaxy
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how did you get it so close with out auto-docking????

Open the docking dialog window b4 you approach the ESD, it wont auto dock with this open, so u can fly right inside if you want, not much to see in there tho...
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    ah yes the NX above all others. The king of kings :cool:

P.S. I have mine armed to the teeth. Legend has it I once went a whole 4 minutes, against two spheres without blowing up :cool:

I put it there cause that's what I was flying and it had to be there to get the angle I wanted :) If I were to put my favorite at the top I think it would be the ENT-B.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable