Install Arc

Rank pip glitch on Odyssey uniform

wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Male
screenshot_2013-01-31-07-21-04_zpse5e6adf1.jpg

Female
screenshot_2013-01-31-07-21-10_zps4477f233.jpg

Note that the female only has 1 VA rank pip set where as the male has 2. Considering how long it takes to get to these uniforms and how expensive they are I figured someone would want to know so they could fix this.
Post edited by wilv on

Comments

• broodwynbroodwyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Confirmed I'm also having this issue on some of my toons as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Production Assistant & Art Director
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have seen that uniform a couple of times by now. Where does one get it?
    I hope it's not connected with starbase building....
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • shaunklshaunkl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    I have seen that uniform a couple of times by now. Where does one get it?
    I hope it's not connected with starbase building....

You get it from a tier 3 starbase tailor. But it can be anyone's tier 3 starbase tailor.
    You could do what I did and beg in ESD chat for an invite to someone's starbase.
    Number one on my wishlist: New FED transporter effect
    Number two: 22nd Century Excursion Jackets
    Number three: Handheld communicator animation for non-combadge uniforms
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The female uniform variants have a history of getting the short end of the stick with regard to being polished art assets before release. I'm sorry to read that this continues.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shaunkl wrote: »
    You get it from a tier 3 starbase tailor. But it can be anyone's tier 3 starbase tailor.
    You could do what I did and beg in ESD chat for an invite to someone's starbase.
    Thanks for your answer.
    I was afraid of that. If i would leave that fleet would i still have acess to that uniform?
    What about other toons of mine, do they also have acess to that uniform?
    (i think not but i ask to be on the save side)

My personal Starbase should reach Tier 3 in several weeks, as much as i know them, the devs are certainly going change it to be availlabe to tier 4 or tier 5 Starbases only. LOL

I'm sorry for being off topic. :o

I absolutely hate the Ambassador and Galaxy class BOFF layout.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • justpete82justpete82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to go off tangent, but I recently came back after 2 or 3 months away from the game, and I'm completely in love with this uniform. Especially with the white detailing as seen above.

How would I go about getting this uniform? I tend to just throw cash at things and buy what I want, but this isn't in the C-Store? Am I right in thinking its somehow connected to fleets? And if so what do I do? I've never got involved in the whole fleet side of things, and don't really understand them...

Thanks for any help?

Pete.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    psiameese wrote: »
    The female uniform variants have a history of getting the short end of the stick with regard to being polished art assets before release. I'm sorry to read that this continues.

I honestly believe that the costume team is so starved for work that they leave this stuff like this so they have to eventually fix it... its the only explanation that makes any sort of sense, especially considering how much testing this would have taken... (which is to say not that much)

Hopefully they fix this along with the female MACO Operational chest gear and the entirety of the MACO Striker blue glowy bits....
    justpete82 wrote:
    Sorry to go off tangent, but I recently came back after 2 or 3 months away from the game, and I'm completely in love with this uniform. Especially with the white detailing as seen above.

How would I go about getting this uniform? I tend to just throw cash at things and buy what I want, but this isn't in the C-Store? Am I right in thinking its somehow connected to fleets? And if so what do I do? I've never got involved in the whole fleet side of things, and don't really understand them...

Thanks for any help?

Pete.

It is associated with the fleet system, but can be acquired from any fleet with a Tier 3 starbase and the Fleet tailor unlocked. All they need to do is invite you to the base and you can buy it at no cost to them. The cost to you is 16000 dilithium and 8000 fleet credits I believe.
    7NGGeUP.png

• justpete82justpete82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay it worked!!! It took some effort..... And basically me and my friend joining a random (German??) fleet but we found a tailor selling it and got it sorted!!! Best uniform yet!!!

screenshot_2013-02-03-19-07-26_zpsf0cbf855.jpg
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for a huge necro, but this thing is actually still going and didn't want to make a new topic, when this one illustrates the problem so nicely.

My character has only one VA rank pip... I was having a discussion with my friend, as to how he got two rank pips there, because it looks so much better when it is on both sides of the collar, and he had no idea. Even assumed it had something to do with rank in fleet, but when looking here on the forums (ofc, during the downtime, as we all wait for Season 8), this seems to be a glitch. Would love to have rank pips on both sides of the collar.. <.<
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its been asked many time for this to be the new npc uniform. I for one hoping it will be
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    Its been asked many time for this to be the new npc uniform. I for one hoping it will be
    Well, yeah, that would be nice, but this topic is about the fact that the female characters get just one VA rank pip on the collar, whereas on males, it is nice and mirrored. If it's not a glitch and anyone knows a way around that, so my female has the mirrored ranks on both sides of the collar too, then let me know... :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider