test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space set for Ferengi D'Kora

tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
Hi Guys

Up until now I have been using the free Breen ship from the Christmas event and after saving my EC for weeks I have finally got the only endgame ship I want the D'Kora (I'm a ferengie captain and all my crew are so it makes sense to me lol)

Anyway up until now I have been using the breen set you get from there missions and now I have my new ship I was wanting to upgrade.

I am Tier 5 in both Omega and Rom reputation and have alot of marks/dil etc saved up so the big big question is which set should I get from the rep system to install on my new ship.

I also have the Jem'Hadar set in my bank which I could also upgrade via Lobi store but the feedback on this set seems kind of poor.

Just a FYI I would be using this set in Borg STF's mainly and just generally replaying some of my favorite missions.

I already have all my consoles and full antiproton fore and rear guns so its just the shield/deflector and engine I am looking at. (Science character BTW)
Post edited by tribble2013 on

Comments

• Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Assimilated Deflector+Engines and MACO Shields is always a safe bet.

Some people consider this too cookie-cutter, though.
  • Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    P.S. Your best bet is to copy your character to Tribble and test the sets out. There's a test vendor on DS9.
  • Options
    atreidesscionatreidesscion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Great purchase! D'kora is a great ship. Generally speaking, you will want to switch on Battle Mode and stay there, unless you need to go more defensive briefly.
    http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Universal_-_Battle_Module_3000

I have not revised my D'Kora setup for the new S7 gear yet, because my Engie drives my D'Kora and I have not spent the time yet on running him through the rep stuff.

I had been running 3-part Omega, because I liked the mobility, the extra shield damage, the targeting system bonus (better chance of crits), and the potential for more nasty crits every 3 minutes (-25 kinetic resistance, and -50% defense from the 3-part Gravitic Anchor ability). Had been running 2x DHCs and 2x Quantums up front, 4 turrets aft (I went with Disruptors). Omega plus the Battle Mode movement bonus make this ship plenty agile enough for STFs.

With Season 7, I am considering getting at least two pieces of the Adapted MACO (Shield, plus one of the others) to add torp damage bonus into the build as well as make the shields more sturdy. Question then becomes: keep Omega Engine or switch it to Adapted also?

I also anticipate adding the Rule 62 console, and replacing one of the turrets with the Kinetic Cutting Beam.

The 2-part Assimilated bonus is not to be overlooked if you are having difficulty keeping your hull in one piece; its not as big a concern for me as an Eng Captain with plenty of Eng BOff slots to pay with. :cool: