test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips I wish I knew earlier

2»

Comments

• thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...Bump...because I'm bored waiting for LoR......
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RCS Accelerator consoles on Crusiers are an excellent way to offset the low innate turn turn. (My Vor'Cha Refit packs two for about +50% total turn rate)

Don't be afraid to replay missions once you reach higher levels to get better items, even if the Skill Point/Expertise rewards are lower, the item rewards increase in level as you do. This is also the best/only way to get some items (Nanoenergy Cell Recipes, Schematic: Horta Mineralogy Research, the '2800' FE series almost has to be played twice to get all the Jem'hadar Set items.)

In the KDF mission "Bringing Down The House", if you head cross-country back to the House of Martok estate, you can avoid the Romulan ambushes. (Might have to fight a pack or two of Wild Targs, though)

If you're trying to use sets, make sure your items are all part of the same set level. A Mk X Armor with Mk XI shield does nothing. If you level up in rank between missions where you get set items, make sure to double check. (I hadn't even realised that this was why my Jem'hadar Shroud wasn't working on my captain until I took a closer look at the equipment.)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ferengi captains get a 20% discount on most items you buy at the vendors.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a tip a bit somewhat to the lines of mines, heavy torpedoes and energy syphons in Khitomer.

The Mighty Harg'Peng Torpedo...!

Fire that one against Donatra, and when it explodes (with Donatra cloaked) it reveals her position.

Uhm, other then that I cant think of something else...

kewl thread though...