test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exchange misery

kaiserwillykaiserwilly Member Posts: 61 Arc User
As a KDF player searching for things like duty officers and Bridge officers on the exchange is a miserable experience, piles and piles of Star Fleet junk to look through and squinting madly to see the tiny KDF banner which is mostly obscured by the portrait.

Has anyone heard if there are plans to do anything about this?

One simple expedient would be to add the tag KDF to the item so we could search for that specifically. I am sure there are more sophisticated ways of doing this, but surely that would be a start.
Post edited by kaiserwilly on

Comments

• Options
    seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    have you thought about using the fed duty officers ? duno i it woul be any good for your specific assignments?
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seanftd wrote: »
    have you thought about using the fed duty officers ? duno i it woul be any good for your specific assignments?

That generally won't work. So, no they wouldn't work for those assignments. The Exchange needs some improvement, and better searchability especially for BOFFs and DOFF traits.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was very surprised when they added tabs for different categories of doffs, and then regrouped things like all ship stuff under 'ship equipment' and then 'ship consoles.' Great UI changes... but they never added a faction filter for faction-specific gear.

I suppose part of it is Cryptic's disinterest in KDF.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Found yesterday that you can no longer buy them for the opposing faction. My Feds tend to make EC while my KDF tend to make Dil... so I tend to buy stuff off the Exchange for my KDF with my Feds... but yesterday, I noticed it had changed when I went to buy some DOFFs for one of my KDF guys. Had to improvise to move EC to him and then make the purchase.

It got me wondering if they had taken a first step toward the Exchange not showing such things for opposing factions if they couldn't be used...because not only is it annoying to have to scroll, but it's also annoying seeing the prices. Low KDF BOFF prices and low Fed DOFF prices vs. high Fed BOFF prices and high KDF DOFF prices.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,424 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a KDF player searching for things like duty officers and Bridge officers on the exchange .

Try scrolling through 3 pages of 10EC Klingon Boffs...
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Try scrolling through 3 pages of 10EC Klingon Boffs...

And not one of them a female Orion!