What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dominion HEC

2»

Comments

• ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    redricky wrote: »
    Anybody who is complaining about the boff setup does not understand what happens when you run A2B x2. This ship is made for it.

Well, you either run A2B or run a sub-par layout on a ship that cost either a ton or cash of 80-100 mill EC (current).

My issue isn't so much the BOFF layout (although I'd like for a ship to have more going for it than 1 specific build), I think the turn rate either needs a further boost to 14 to put it in the same zone as the Vet Destroyers, or it can stay at 13 (the new rate) and have a turret added to bring it inline with battle cruisers.

On the one hand I'm happy its not balance-shatteringly good, on the other I'm looking at it and having a hard time coming up with reasons to get one off the exchange.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, you either run A2B or run a sub-par layout on a ship that cost either a ton or cash of 80-100 mill EC (current).

My issue isn't so much the BOFF layout (although I'd like for a ship to have more going for it than 1 specific build), I think the turn rate either needs a further boost to 14 to put it in the same zone as the Vet Destroyers, or it can stay at 13 (the new rate) and have a turret added to bring it inline with battle cruisers.

As someone who hates the P2W nature of lockbox ships, I'm quite content for the HEC to have an achilles heel (turn rate) to balance out it's serious outstripping of every other comparable vessel.
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2013

On the one hand I'm happy its not balance-shatteringly good, on the other I'm looking at it and having a hard time coming up with reasons to get one off the exchange.

Yeah you start with 12, but perma 125 engine power, APO at global, and the console all improve it. And it can comfortably fit 2 CC abilities.

TT, HYT2 or BO2, CRF2, APO3
    EPTS1, Aux2Batt, RSP or EWP or DEM
    EPTA1, Aux2Batt

HE
    2 more abilities from any field which will be available at their global cd.

Does anybody know the inertia on this thing?
    edited January 2013
    redricky wrote: »
    APO at global.

Sorry, I may have missed the math on this, but how do you get APO to global? With two A2BAT, I see it getting down to ~30s cooldown; I thought the idea would be to get it to 15s?