test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buying T5 fleet ships through fleet map invites?

sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Academy
I'm in a Fleet with T3 Shipyard, and I'm interested in getting a T5 Intrepid.

Obviously, I could wait until my fleet (eventually) gains its T5 Shipyard, but I heard that via fleet map invitations, one could buy higher Tier Fleet Ships from another fleet without leaving their original fleet (assuming that the player has the Fleet Credits / Fleet Ship Modules required)

Is this true? If so, how would this work? Aren't all ship requisitions strictly limited to shipyards at social zones?
Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I believe it would require a member of another fleet that's allowed to invite outsiders into their star base. Once your in, I believe everything is up for grabs. Assuming you got enough cash on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited January 2013
    xigbarg wrote: »
    I believe it would require a member of another fleet that's allowed to invite outsiders into their star base. Once your in, I believe everything is up for grabs. Assuming you got enough cash on you.

It would also require you having permission to make purchases from the fleet store. So getting invited to someone's starbase probably wouldn't work.
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's a novel idea: do the work to help your fleet obtain a tier 5 shipyard, and then buy one.
    Always someone wanting the rewards without having to do the work...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Here's a novel idea: do the work to help your fleet obtain a tier 5 shipyard, and then buy one.
    To the contrary - I'm one of the top ten contributors in a fleet of 100+ in both categories.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can get someone else to invite you to their fleet base, and you can buy most things that they have unlocked. You don't use their permissions or provisions, however.

Permissions and provisions will be used from YOUR fleet, so make sure you have the provisions necessary.

The one thing you can't buy while not in their fleet is ships though. Ships are the one fleet item that you must be a part of the fleet with the shipyard to buy. You would have to leave your current fleet, join theirs, have the required permission, and use one of their ship provisions to purchase it. You can then leave the fleet and rejoin your old fleet afterward.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    You can get someone else to invite you to their fleet base, and you can buy most things that they have unlocked. You don't use their permissions or provisions, however.

Permissions and provisions will be used from YOUR fleet, so make sure you have the provisions necessary.

The one thing you can't buy while not in their fleet is ships though. Ships are the one fleet item that you must be a part of the fleet with the shipyard to buy. You would have to leave your current fleet, join theirs, have the required permission, and use one of their ship provisions to purchase it. You can then leave the fleet and rejoin your old fleet afterward.

The most comprehensive answer ever.

Next time we meet, the Romulan Ale's on me :)
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sumghai wrote: »

I have lots of Romulan Ale. Instead, set me up with access to a fleet with a T5 shipyard that has a few extra ship provisions so I can get some too. My current fleet is struggling on T2. (But we only have 2 active people.)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    I have lots of Romulan Ale. Instead, set me up with access to a fleet with a T5 shipyard that has a few extra ship provisions so I can get some too. My current fleet is struggling on T2. (But we only have 2 active people.)
    As soon as our (fairly active) fleet's at T5 Shipyard, you'll be the first to know :)
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sumghai wrote: »

As far as I know there is only 1 fleet out there that is within 2 weeks of a Tier 5 shipyard - the other fleets that are upgrading now or very soon are doing the Eng Fab for the elite fleet weapons.

Most of the super fleets are still another 2 months from having a T5 shipyard.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I'm lookin too; on the Fed side. I kno it's a few more now

-V
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The facts remain that very few Fleets will allow 'guest' to purchase Fleet ships. This is because that to 'provision' the Fleet Shipyard costs a considerable amount of expensive resources that have to be 'donated' by active Fleet members. You would have to question the 'intelligence' of a Fleet that would give this away to random guests....
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Depends on the Fleet, my KDF fleet is largely inactive but I've had my eye on the Fleet Corsair for months. I asked another fleet was granted the ability to purchase from their store. I made a quick drop of my 1k fleet marks from CE and they were happy. Worked out well overall IMO...

I recall another fleet letting you on their base to purchase T5 hangar pets for a lump sum of 25mil. I can't recall the fleets name atm. But, if you're a carrier lover, 25mil is a drop in the bottle if your fleets months away from getting it yourself.

Expecting it for Free is one thing, I came to an exchange agreement with the fleet I purchased mine from. If I wanted one of the Elite carrier pets I'd find that fleet offering them for 25mil EC. It's not a matter of not "working" myself, I've got nearly 1300 hours on my main alone. If you're in a small fleet you're simply SOL. If a larger fleet is willing to sell provisions for profit, they're within their full right. Why shouldn't they make some money off all their hard work?

Even tho my fleet is small and quite a bit away from T5, we intend to open our stores to the public. We will simply come to an arrangement before purchase and honor the purchase. We will then make sure the funds are either put back into the base or given to a member to help them. I think its a personal choice per fleet...
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know there are some fleets selling access to get the T5 Ships prices start at around 40 million EC if I remember right. Just dont remember which ones.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck