test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Gear

cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited January 2013 in The Academy
Is it possible for someone to join a Fleet and put in all the work to earn certain gear...and then leave the Fleet and still have the gear?

Comments

• Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013
    cdrgadley wrote: »
    Is it possible for someone to join a Fleet and put in all the work to earn certain gear...and then leave the Fleet and still have the gear?

Yes. If the settings are set to allow anyone to buy from the stores, someone could just join and raid the stores and leave again...
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not that raiding the stores is very economically viable... it's costing you a boatload of stuff for character-bound equipment.
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Some fleets do allow for it in exchange for donations to their projects/bank
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In my experience, most reputable Fleet's will require members to input at least 200,000 Fleet Marks before access to the Fleet store is permitted, to prevent situations just like the one you describe.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    trellabor wrote: »
    In my experience, most reputable Fleet's will require members to input at least 200,000 Fleet Marks before access to the Fleet store is permitted, to prevent situations just like the one you describe.

I assume you mean Fleet Credits since I don't know of anyone that has obtained 200,000 Fleet Marks.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We get about one person a week that joins our fleet, sees the permissions are set to not let them steal from the store and the bank because the guy who set it up isn't an idiot, then promptly leaves.

Always good for a laugh.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was using the ds9 exchange and i watched someone constantly spamming for fleet invites. Over and over again. I turn around and realize they are standing at the bank console. I watched several fleet names pop up over their title. I just laughed to myself.
  • Options
    dorusnonndorusnonn Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We get about one person a week that joins our fleet, sees the permissions are set to not let them steal from the store and the bank because the guy who set it up isn't an idiot, then promptly leaves.

Always good for a laugh.

Exactly the same here. Tho we don't really have that BIG influx of new members .. but the fun is there, definitely!
    Being here since 2011 Spring
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mbp101287 wrote: »
    I was using the ds9 exchange and i watched someone constantly spamming for fleet invites. Over and over again. I turn around and realize they are standing at the bank console. I watched several fleet names pop up over their title. I just laughed to myself.

An application process on a website usually screens most of these people out as it's usually not worth their time.
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I assume you mean Fleet Credits since I don't know of anyone that has obtained 200,000 Fleet Marks.

Right, Credits....can't even tell this **** apart anymore :/
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good